31. Greece.

1270 BC.

A village was burning somewhere in Greece.

The wooden buildings in the village was burning, the smoke from the buildings reached all the way to the sky.

The sky was dark, and the area surrounding the village was pitch black.

The only light that came was from the burning buildings, and the only sound that was heard was from the screaming villagers and the wind.

The villagers wore torn rags as their clothing, barely covering their private areas.

They all looked dirty and malnourished.

Four figures was protecting the villagers while holding stone spears.

The first figure had dirty brown hair with long arms and a skinny body. His name is Nicholas, and he is one of the village's hunters.

The second figure had a fatigued face with a dirty brown beard and a slightly more muscular body. His name is Adrian, and he is also one of the hunters.

The third figure was a pale-looking young man with a scared look in his eyes while looking at the pitch darkness in front of them. His name is Basil, and he is one of the new hunters with almost zero experience.

The fourth figure was a muscular man with a stoic-looking face— he also had a dirty brown beard, long brown hair, and rags as his clothing. His name is Caesar, and he is the Chieftain of this village.

These four figures were the only combatants of this tiny village, and currently... Someone is attacking them, or more precisely... Something!

They heard slight laughter and sound of footsteps in the darkness.

But, the footsteps were extremely fast— it was like they were running at super speed!

''COME OUT, YOU COWARDS!'' Caesar roared.

But the laughter only became louder.

''KYAA!'' A sound of footsteps was heard, and one of the villagers disappeared.

''Alexandra..?'' Nicholas said with a shaky tone— he couldn't see his wife anywhere, ''ALEXANDRA!''

''Alexandra... Pretty name.'' Everyone turned their heads and saw a man with long dull brown hair and bright red eyes holding the throat of a beautiful woman with ample breasts, blue eyes, and a malnourished face.

''Alexandra!'' Nicholas roared and started running towards the red-eyed figure, but he was stopped by Caesar.

''Caesar, what are you doing?!'' Nicholas roared angrily and tried to push him away, but Caesar didn't even flinch.

''Calm down...'' Caesar said quietly and glared at the red-eyed figure, ''Who are you?''

Red-eyed figure innocently smiled, ''My name is Eames.''

''Eames... What do you want?'' Caesar said with a nervous heartbeat, and Eames heard it.

Eames had a sickening grin on his face— Caesar was putting a strong front, even though he was afraid.

''This,'' Eames said simply and sank his fangs on Alexandra's neck.

Caesar widened his eyes in shock, ''M-Monster...''

''ALEXANDRA!'' Nicholas shouted and ran towards Eames and Alexandra.

''Ah!'' Eames sighed with satisfaction, but then he increased the strength of his hold and crushed Alexandra's throat effortlessly.

''NOO!'' Nicholas shouted, and Eames had already disappeared.

Nicholas hugged Alexandra's lifeless corpse.