30. Unexpected.

It was already October, and leaves started dropping from the trees, littering the ground in orange and yellow colors.

Weather in Forks was already getting colder, winter soon knocking on the door.

The town was filled with happy-looking townfolk with some winter clothing already. The sky above Forks was dark grey as always, but it didn't diminish the expectations of others— soon winter is coming, and it is one of the most favorite times of the year for the townsfolk.

Mainly because the Forks will become very festive during winter, and it is really enjoyable for everyone.

During December, there will be hundreds of Christmas lights illuminating the town, which makes the general vibe of the town very happy and cozy.

The Cullens Residence was also being ready for Christmas, even though it's a few months away, but that is nothing for Cullens— after all, they have lived over a hundred years, and two months is nothing compared to that.

Two months can go in a blink of an eye, and they wouldn't notice.

But there was a certain building in the middle of the forest. It looked like a small villa with wicker ceilings and large glass windows. The house had one floor and an attic.

It is the home of Alice and Jack, which as always, looked dreamy and cozy.

The interior of the house was very luxurious. Spacious living room with fireplace in the wall, and large kitchen with everything the residents needed and only one room and bathroom. The bedroom was big enough for large enough for two people, with a large bed, wardrobe, and desk next to the window. The bathroom was almost as big with a toilet, sink, bathtub, and shower.

The living room looked very cozy, with a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. A figure of a petite girl was standing behind a black-haired young man, who was sitting in a chair.

''Done!'' Alice cheerfully said.

Jack stood up and looked at him in the mirror.

The mirror showed an inhumanly beautiful man with medium-length black hair and black eyes.

There was hair scattered on the ground, and Alice was holding pair of scissors in her hands.

''Perfect, thanks,'' Jack said with a smile and grabbed a vacuum cleaner, but then Alice appeared in front of him and put her hands wide open.

''Hmm, what is it?'' Jack asked with a curious look.

Alice pouted, ''What were you planning to do?''

''I planned to get rid of the hair, why?'' Jack tilted his head in confusion.

''Hmph.'' Alice humphed and moved in superspeed, and soon all the hair was gathered on a small bottle in Alice's hand.

''My treasure...'' Alice said with sparkling eyes and quickly hid the bottle which had Jack's hair.

She appeared in front of Jack and innocently smiled.

Jack pinched her cheeks, ''What are you planning to do with my hair?''

''Make hundreds of Jack dolls!'' Alice cried out and rubbed her painful cheeks.

''Jeez.'' Jack sat down in front of a table and started sipping his coffee.

Alice cheerfully grabbed a bowl and started walking towards the table, but then suddenly.

Her face became emotionless— the glass bowl dropped down on the floor and broke apart from the impact.

Jack flinched and looked at her with worry.

Alice woke up from her stupor and gasped, ''T-They are coming here...''

Jack appeared next to her and grabbed her hand, ''Who?''

Alice looked at him with trembling eyes, ''Volturi... They will come here!''

...

Volterra, Italy.

A very beautiful building was situated on a hill and was built from cinnamon brown stone and is known as the safest place in the world from vampire attacks.

It is a home for Volturi Coven.

A man with an average build, with 5'10" tall and having almost translucent skin, was sitting on a throne— he had onion-like skin with inhumanly beautiful facial features. He had gorgeous but also menacing-looking bright red eyes.

He is Aro, the leading figure of Volturi, but they are also called by another name.

Vampire Royals.

He was sitting alone in a spacious room with three thrones.

*Bam*

The door to the spacious room was opened, and two figures entered the room.

The first figure was 4'8" tall with a tiny body with lank, pale brown hair trimmed semi-short and pale skin to match it. She could easily be mistaken for a preteen boy if not for her girlish face and full lips. Her face is angelically beautiful in its childlike appearance.

The second figure physically looked very similar with the first figure, though his hair is a darker brown, he is taller in stature, and his lips aren't as full as hers.

Both of them were wearing dark grey robes— their robes almost looked black in this dimly lit room.

''Jane, Alec, how wonderful.'' Aro stood up from the throne and walked towards the two figures.

''Master, you called us?'' Jane said with a doll-like expression.

Aro put his hand together and had an innocent smile on his face, ''There have been some complications, and I need you two go there to investigate more thoroughly.''

''Where?'' Jane asked with a more curious expression.

''Forks,'' Aro said with an innocent smile.

''Isn't that where Olympic Coven resides?'' Alec asked with furrowed brows.

Aro smiled and went back to his throne— he sat down and crossed his legs, ''That's right.''

''Carlisle won't be pleased.'' Alec reminded.

''There has been suspicious activity there... Three vampires died there suddenly, rumors of flaming man, and Victoria... Gathering an army, because someone killed her mate.'' Aro said innocently.

''What if they... Try to stop us?'' Jane asked with narrowed eyes.

''Take Felix with you— three of you should suffice, no?''

Jane and Alec nodded— they left the room shortly afterward to prepare for their journey.

*Bam*

The doors closed, and Aro was left alone in the room.

His innocent face turned solemn.

He grabbed a book from the table with words [Four Riders of Apocalypse]

The photo on the cover was an image of a man with flaming skull...