Chapter 4 - Moving In With A Vampire

Ada's POV

"You know, I'm very happy that you decided to stay with me." Sienna told me as I was moving my stuff in her gorgeous mansion. "It doesn't mean that we are immediately friends. It doesn't work that way." I said to her, before I watched her frown a little. "We are only roommates, got it?" I asked her, "Got it." she responded, I was surprised that she was handling it well. "Finally, the last box." I said to myself out loud, picking up the huge cardboard box and placed it on my bed. I didn't want to sleep in her bedroom, it just gives me the creeps. It was too dark for me.

"Are you fine with me sleeping in this room?" I asked her, "Sort of." she replied. I couldn't believe this woman. I wasn't allowed to call her a freak anymore, as it was offensive to her. A couple of minutes later, I put my last couple of leggings in the tall brown wooden dresser and closed the drawer. "What do you want to do with the boxes?" she asked me. "I'm going to fold them and put them somewhere for in-case." I replied, before I did exactly that. Then, I was officially done moving in. 

"Can I make you a drink at the bar downstairs?" she offered. 

I looked at her for a couple of seconds, I knew what her game plan was and she won't capture my heart easily. "Fine. But no alcohol." I told her, accepting her offer anyway. She rose up her hands and did her magic trick again, vanishing into thin air. I sighed, before I went downstairs to catch up with her. 

She really did have everything here though, so she must have been a billionaire. Or she still was one. I sat down on the red velvet stool, putting my arms up on the bar, watching her make my drink. "How did you get this mansion?" I asked her, kind of curious. 

"My parents." she replied. "They bought it for me as a birthday present a long time ago." 

"What happened to them?" I asked, watching her then place my drink in front of me. I picked the glass up, and took a gentle sip. "They perished together in a war." she told me. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked that question." I apologised, "This drink is really good, by the way. Were you a bartender before? When did you learn?" I asked her, choosing to get to know her more.

"Thank you. I was a bartender just a few years ago until they discovered that I was a vampire because I made a dumb mistake by feeding on a customer, I was having a blood lust." 

"Blood lust?"

"It's a pretty horrific thing to explain. Are you sure you want to know?" she asked me. I slowly nodded.

"I got a light side, and a dark side. My light side is me, and my dark side is my vampire self. When a blood lust takes over me, I lose control of my senses."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning that I go after the people I first lay my eyes on. On a rare occasion, I go after one person and on common occasions, I go for multiple." she told me.

"Do you wake up from it?" I asked her, taking another gentle sip. "That's the worst part. I wake up from it, completely covered in my victim's blood." she told me. Oh fuck...

"So that's where you got your title from?" I asked her, "No. That's a different topic. I was always the Queen of Blood, whether I love it or not." she told me. I then finished my drink, and got up from the stool. I walked around, getting behind the bar. Sienna tilted her head to the side slightly, before she placed her hand against my cheek softly. 

I avoided eye contact with her, because of reasons. "You are so beautiful, Ada." she complimented me in a whisper, "I'm glad that I finally found you after years of searching." she then said

"What do you mean?" I asked her, before I had a small flashback to that night. That weird party...

Suddenly, I watched Sienna begin to lean in for a kiss, which made me move away from her quickly. She widened her eyes, before she softened them. "I'm not ready. I'm sorry." I told her, "Don't apologise." she said, making me shake my head at her as I turned around and walked away from the bar to have some time by myself.

Sienna, what were you doing to me?

// The support on this book is fucking incredible and I couldn't be happier. Thank you so much, guys. The love chapters in this book will be the best, I promise. Love you all.