| 11 |

Colson

Waking up this morning was like nothing I've experienced before. It's been a little over two years since I'd had an actual girlfriend and I felt like this one would actually last. We've only known each other for a short period, but technically we aren't really dating. It's just talking for now. She agreed to my idea so we weren't rushing into things.

I had to tell Slim, Rook, Ashleigh and Casie that I was dating Kyilee. When it came to things such as relationships, I never kept it from those four people. If I didn't have them I'd be lonely and no one wants to be alone. Telling them would probably be hard because the only person who knows my feelings about her is Slim. I'm walking into this just hoping that they'll accept where I'm coming from.

I walked into my bathroom and started to brush my teeth. I played around with my hair and turned on my Bluetooth speaker to play some music. I danced around until I got a call from Kyilee. I wondered why she called; it was 12:48 and she was never up at this time.

"Hello?" I said spitting out the foam of the tooth paste. I heard a faint yawn before she answered back.

"Hey, you," She chuckled. "I was just wondering what you were doing today." She said. I rinsed and spit and grabbed a towel to dry my mouth.

I thought about it for a second. I wasn't doing anything. "I'm not doing nothing today except staying home. Why? You trying to go out with me?" I said smirking. Something that she couldn't see or else she'd get on me.

"Maybe," She said. I heard her bed squeak. "Come over today? And bring the whole gang." She said. Come to think of it, that would be the best time to tell everyone about our 'talking.'

"Sure, I'll see you later then." I told her rummaging through my closet figuring out what to wear today. Couldn't be too flashy and it couldn't be too classy. I just had to be myself.

"Alright, hon'." She said hanging up. Already on the nickname basis. I laughed to myself about my thought and finally found the right outfit. I decided on a muscle shirt, jean joggers and loafers. It was myself with a taste of classy. Even if she didn't care what I wore.

I walked into my shower and turned on the cold water, letting the refreshing feel hit my skin. My shower head was like a jet in a pool and felt like gallons of water was being poured on you, yet again it was so massaging so I loved it.

Ten more minutes of being in the shower and I was out. I blow dried my hair for about 25 minutes and gelled it up so it wasn't all in my face. After that, I carefully slipped on my shirt making sure nothing was on it and then I slipped on my pants then shoes. I covered my arms, feet and face with lotion so I wasn't ashy and put some Ralph Lauren cologne on so I smelled good. This was a new scent that I felt she would love.

I went downstairs and Casie and Slim were on the couch talking about this show they were watching. It was so cute how she bonded with every single one of my friends like they were family. Although in a way, we were all family. They both looked at me and Slim smiled.

"Where you going?" He asked making his eyebrows dance.

"To Ky's house and she wants you guys to come too so get dressed." I told them. Casie rushed past me and up the stairs she went. Slim was already dressed  so I guess we wouldn't be long. I had to text Rook the address and tell him to come over later. Right now, Ashleigh was with her boyfriend and didn't want to interfere with their time together.

We waited on the couch for Casie to hurry. When she came down the stairs I was pleasantly surprised how she dressed. She wore the stripped purple and black sundress I bought her that grazes the floor, her jean jacket and black sandals. She looked like a little model for kids magazines. She carried many genes from me and this was one of them that I loved so much. Her sense of style was nothing compared to what I see kids wearing nowadays. She was more stuck to her age.