5 - Reality Bites Me

"A sent this letter to my mom." Aria said, reading the letter again.

"You know it's not your fault, right?" Emily said.

"Em's right, it's your dad's mistake." Katherine said.

"No, it is my fault." Aria said, looking away from the paper and at the two girls.

"You did not hook up with her and then ask your kid to cover for you." Spencer said, as Katherine nodded along.

"Ali said that I should've told my mom right after it happened." Aria said.

"Ali? Alison knew?" Emily asked.

"Yeah, her and Kat were with me." Aria said, the three other girls immediately turned to look at Katherine.

"I told Aria what you guys are telling her now." Katherine said.

"So you and Alison saw this Meredith person?" Spencer asked.

"Meredith? Her name is Meredith? Ew. That's not even a cute girl name. I'm seeing big pores and mousy roots." Hanna said before Katherine could answer Spencer.

"Hanna, I think it's a little too soon to joke." Spencer said.

"As much as I want to agree with you, Han, Spence is right. Tone it down." Katherine said.

"I'm sorry, but if you're gonna cheat you might as well do it with somebody who deep conditions her hair occasionally." Hanna said.

"Here, put something in your mouth besides your foot." Katherine said, handing Hanna a bagel.

"I'm sorry. Okay?" Hanna said, turning to Aria. "Look, all I'm saying is that when my dad left laughing sometimes helped. So did crying."

"Nice save, Hanna." Katherine said, shaking her head and grabbing a bagel for herself.

"My father hasn't left, guys." Aria said, standing up and walking to the island where the four girls were. "I mean this happened over a year ago." Spencer, Katherine, Hanna, and Emily all exchanged looks. "You think he's gonna leave?" Aria asked.

"Look, whatever happens, we're here for you." Emily said.

"Yeah, and then majority of us will have dads who walked out on them." Katherine said, trying to be funny but it came out more bitterly.

"Thank you, guys, for staying here." Spencer said, changing the subject. "I couldn't have been here alone."

"When's your family getting back?" Hanna asked.

"This afternoon." Spencer said.

"Weren't you gonna clean off the mirror before they get here?" Aria asked.

"You want me to come with?" Emily asked.

"We should all go." Aria said.

"Definitely." Katherine said.

"Yeah, you know what, it doesn't take five of us clean a mirror, so why don't you four go and I'll just wait here." Hanna said.

"Fine, okay. You stay down here alone." Aria said.

"Be sure you lock the door." Emily said.

"Yeah, I won't be the one cleaning the blood out of the carpet, sorry Han." Katherine said.

"You spray, I'll wipe." Hanna said.

They all headed upstairs but stopped when Hanna's phone started to ring.

"Well, the creature's back." Hanna said. "We should have never unblocked our phones."

Ever wonder what's going on when you're back is turned? -A