21 - Monsters in the End

"Do you think somebody rubbed that sweater on your bracelet?" Aria asked, as they all sat in the Apple Rose Grille. 

"Somebody? Try Ian." Emily said. 

"This is unbelievable." Katherine said, taking a sip of her iced coffee. 

"Look at what's right in front of us, Katherine. He's doing everything he can to make Spencer look guilty." Emily said. "Your parents should hire you a twenty-four hour body guard."

"What about Jenna? What if she paid Caleb to get that bracelet?" Aria asked. 

"Wait, when was Caleb in Spencer's house?" Emily asked. 

"He doesn't need an invitation, Em. He broke into a vending machine with a spork." Aria said. 

"I don't think it went that far." Katherine said. 

"Guys, I think somebody's watching us." Spencer said. 

"Those? They're for the Founders Festival." Emily said, as they turned to look at the statues. 

"Man, if that's what Rosewood's founding family looked like how did they ever get anyone to move here?" Aria said. 

"And why were they allowed to reproduce?" Spencer asked. 

"Bright side, most the town is hot now." Katherine said. 

"Guys, if Caleb was-" Emily started. 

"Could we stop using the C word?" Hanna asked, interrupting Emily. 

"We know this is hard for you, okay, but we have to talk about Ca- him." Aria said. 

"If we wanna help Spencer we have to know what Caleb knows." Emily said. 

"Guys, there is definitely somebody out there." Spencer said. 

"Who would be out there?" Katherine asked. 

"Maybe if Emily and I cornered Caleb not in school, but somewhere that's Jenna free-" Aria started. 

"If Caleb's gonna talk to anyone, it's gonna be me." Hanna said, cutting Aria off. 

"Will you do it?" Emily asked.

"To help Spencer, sure." Hanna said. 

"Thanks, Hanna." Spencer said. 

"Oh my god." Katherine mumbled, realizing who was outside with the statues. 

All the girls stood up to leave and Katherine quickly stood up to follow. 

"Spencer? Are you coming?" Emily asked, as Spencer just stood, looking out the window. 

"Yeah." Spencer said, tearing her gaze away from the window. 

"I'll meet you at Spencer's." Katherine said, heading to the statues and once the girls were out of sight she went behind one. "Hey, Garrett."

"Oh, Kat, what's up?" Garrett said. 

"Not much. Why are you watching us?" Katherine said. 

"Look, I'm not watching you. You weren't the one with a fake bloody trophy." Garrett said. 

"Is your boss having you watch them?" Katherine asked. 

"Yeah. He's convinced that they're lying." Garrett said. 

"They aren't. They're confused. The trophy looked real and they've been on edge since Ali's body was found. We all have." Katherine said. 

"Yeah. I know. Come on, I'll drive you home." Garrett said.