30 - Save the Date

"So, it was just the two of you sitting in Garrett's car?" Hanna asked, as her, Spencer, Aria, and Katherine sat in Spencer's car.

"I didn't know where else to meet him. It wasn't like I could ask him that stuff down at the precinct." Spencer said.

"How did you get away from him?" Aria asked.

"God, Aria. It's not like he'd kill her." Katherine said, feeling as if she truly could trust the one person that had helped her through her original breakup with Jason.

"We don't know that, Kat. I told him my mom texted me and wanted me home ASAP." Spencer said. "Am I still shaking? I'm still shaking."

"Yeah, we're all shaking. Can you turn on the heat?" Hanna said, tired of being cold. "You could make a slushy back here."

"Guys, why would Jenna give him that lantern?"

"Because she's a psycho bitch that craves attention?" Katherine suggested.

"And, you don't know that she gave it to him." Hanna said.

"What do you think? He bought it off the blind artists' crafts fair? 'Course she gave it to him." Spencer said. "The question is, when did they become buddies? And why?"

"Spencer, they grew up across the street from each other. His parents still live in that house. Maybe he's just bringing raw meat to Jenna's cat." Hanna said.

"Hanna. That is disgusting."Katherine said, feeling like she could throw up in her mouth.

"Toby lives there too, and they don't have a cat." Spencer said, not understanding what Hanna had meant.

"Spence, honey. She's talking about sex." Katherine said, running her hand through her hair as she shuddered at the idea of one of her closest friends hooking up with Jenna Marshall.

"Here comes Em." Aria said, straightening her back as she lifted herself higher to see out the window past Spencer's head.

"Who's living in her house now?" Spencer asked.

"Some losers who can't figure out the alarm system. They've tripped it like three times. And the security company keeps calling her mom in Texas." Hanna said, finishing up just as Emily opened the backseat to sit with herself and Katherine.

Katherine got on her phone to text her boyfriend back as Hanna and Emily went back and forth on the alarm system.

"I'm sure Aria's parents are gonna have Mike on lockdown until he turns eighteen." Hanna said, just as Katherine had shit her phone off and zoned back into the conversation.

"Hanna." Katherine said, flicking the blondes arm.

"You did not just say that, Han." Aria said, leaning against the window.

"What? I'm not judging. I'm just guessing that your little brother will find another hobby besides breaking and entering." Hanna defended, making Aria look towards Spencer for help and for Katherine to stare at Hanna in disbelief.

"Still talking." Spencer interjected.

"Guys, look, I don't know what's going on with my brother. If I knew, you would know." Aria said.

However, Katherine sat up straighter as she saw the red car come into view, immediately recognizing it.

"Isn't that Garrett's car?" Spencer asked, keeping her eyes on the vehicle.

"Yeah. It is." Katherine said, tempted to get out the car she was in and marching straight up to his to confront him.

"Where's he going?" Aria asked, watching the car carefully.