29 - Surface Tension

Brown eyes looked into green as the two bodies cuddled together awoke, Katherine's eyes swollen from crying most of the night, and Jason's dark from his lack of sleep.

He had spent majority of his night comforting the brunette, neither of them knew who planted the video.

Jason had a sick feeling Noel might've known, but he could never voice that to his girl.

As Jason tried to think of who could've done that, Katherine shot up.

"Shit, shit, shit. I'm supposed to be at Hanna's like twenty minutes ago." She said, quickly grabbing a shirt from Jason's closet and throwing it on, along with some jeans she had left.

"Gotta go, love you." She said, pecking his cheek before rushing outside and to her car.

...

Katherine sat on Hanna's bed, listening to her go on and on about Caleb, but Hanna stopped as Katherine's phone rung.

"Sorry, let me get this real quick." She said, accepting the call. "Hi." Katherine said, trying to keep the smile off of her face as Hanna watched her.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the Montgomery's with me tomorrow night?" Jason asked, wanting his date to be her.

"Aria's? Sure." Katherine said, trying to sound chill as she smiled brightly.

"Cool, I'll pick you up around five." Jason said, smiling himself on the other side of the phone.

Katherine shut her phone off and turned to Hanna, giddy as she tried to think about what she could wear.

...

"Katherine Maybell to the office please." The intercom said, making the brunette roll her eyes.

She walked slowly, stopping to talk to Noel before finally getting there.

"Hi, Katherine. We're doing some new counseling and I thought you'd be a good fit." Principal Hackett said, smiling at the confused girl as she raised an eyebrow.

"I don't need counseling." Katherine said.

"I think you do, at least for this sort of thing. Substance abuse." He said, grabbing a packet off of his desk and handing it to her.

"You're kidding." Katherine said, scoffing as she took the packet from him.

"No, Jason DiLaurentis offered to do this for us and you're a perfect match. You've been caught smoking on campus multiple times, you show aggression. You need this. I expect to see you go in the office in one hour. Jason will be waiting."

Katherine hid her smile at the mention of Jason, now a small part of her excited for the counseling they were forcing her to attend.

"Does Jason know I'm going?" Katherine asked.

"He's coming in here in a moment to collect the list and times each student is supposed to come in." Principal Hackett said, dismissing the girl.

...

Katherine walked into the room, trying not to laugh at the serious look on Jason's face.

"Hi." She said, leaning in to kiss him, but he moved his head so her lips met his cheek instead. "What the hell?"

"I'm not here to make out with you, Kat. I'm here to help." Jason said, genuinely concerned about the brunette.

"You're kidding." Katherine said, not wanting to actually talk about substance about with her boyfriend.