27 - The Devil You Know

"Is this a suicide note or a confession?" Aria asked, as the five girls sat around the tablet that had a picture of Ian's note on the screen.

"It's both." Spencer said, reading over the note again.

"Who knew Ian was such a bitch." Katherine said, scoffing before taking a sip of her coffee. She was doing her absolute best to act as if she was fine, especially after the breakdown she had in front of Jason.

"Emily, how do you have this?" Aria asked, leaning over the table.

"I sent it to her." Hanna said. "I took a picture with my phone before we called the cops."

"It's weird. Why would Ian kill himself just as he was about to skip town with Melissa?" Emily said, as she read over the suicide note again.

"So he wouldn't have to deal with a baby." Katherine shrugged, looking away from the iPad so she wouldn't burst into tears.

"Maybe he realized he was gonna get caught. He couldn't hide forever, even with Melissa and Wren's help." Spencer said.

"I still don't get why Wren would ever help Ian. It just doesn't make sense." Katherine said, pulling her phone out to see who had texted her.

Better watch out, little liar. Don't want ur friends to find out about lover boy. -A

Katherine bit on her bottom lip as she threw her phone back into her pocket, trying to figure out how to get rid of A.

"He was probably desperate." Aria said.

"Look, who cares why Ian did it? The important thing is Ali's killer is dead and we're no longer people of interest." Hanna said, Katherine nodding along.

"Why am I not feeling relieved right now?" Emily asked.

"Probably because we just saw a dead body." Katherine said.

"Guys, come on. For months we've been about as welcome in this town as a cold sore." Aria said.

"I'd rather take a cold sore over seeing Ian dead." Katherine snapped, walking away from the table and towards her car. She pulled out her phone and quickly brought it to her ear. "Meet me in my room in ten." She said, before hanging up on the blonde she found so much support in.

Once Katherine got to her bedroom she saw Jason sitting on her bed.

"Kat." Jason said, standing up and pulling her into a hug that she had so desperately needed. "it's gonna be okay."

"Nothing is okay, Jason. Ian killed Alison and then killed himself." She said, sobbing into his shoulder.

"I know, but I'm here. I'm not going anywhere this time." He said, holding the younger girl, truly meaning his words. He never wanted to leave her again.

Katherine looked up at him with mascara covering her cheeks and her eyes glassy, still managing to look beautiful.

She looked into his green eyes, knowing that all she's ever wanted was him. So, despite the fear of getting rejected again, she kissed him. And to her surprise, he kissed her back.

She pulled herself closer to him, keeping her arms around his neck as he held her waist, slightly digging his fingers into her side.

He held on tightly, never wanting to let go.

"I saw you leave, you okay?" A voice asked, opening the door as the pair quickly broke apart. "Holy shit." Noel said, still holding the doorknob as he stood in the doorway.

"Oh, Noel. Hey." Katherine said, wiping her face as she stood close to the blond, scared he would leave.

"Are you guys back together?" Noel asked, confused on what he had just walked in on.