25 - My Name Is Trouble

The five girls sat in the theater, Hanna had a scared expression on her face as she ate the buttery popcorn Katherine had gotten. 

"Seriously? You think Jason's hiding him in that house?" Aria asked, as they were the only ones watching the black and white movie. 

"It's a stupid idea." Katherine said, rolling her eyes as she took a piece of popcorn from the bucket. 

"Why would he? Ian killed his sister. That doesn't make sense." Emily said. 

"Exactly." Katherine said, glad that someone else thought that Spencer's mind was going a little too crazy. 

"Look, I didn't say I was positive.I'm just telling you guys Melissa is sneaking out to meet Ian. On foot." Spencer said, not taking her eyes off of the screen. 

"Okay, your sister needs one of those dog collars. You know that ones that zap your ass whenever you leave the property." Hanna said, eating popcorn as she talked. 

"Hanna." Aria said. 

"It's not just that. Her phone rings and she still leaves the room to answer it. I mean what's up with that?" Spencer said. 

"And? I do that when I'm near my mom." Katherine said. 

"Okay but that's your mom, Kat. Melissa's acting weird." Spencer said. 

"I still don't know why Jason would help him. Didn't he call Ian a phony jerk?" Emily said. 

"Yeah, I mean, when did that change?" Aria said. 

"Okay, it's Jason, you guys. Who knows what to believe?" Spencer said. 

Katherine desperately wanted to say herself, she wanted to say that she knew Jason. That he would never invite Ian into his house after what he had done. But she couldn't. Jason wasn't hers, hadn't been for a while. And truth was, she didn't know him anymore. 

"He was wasted the whole summer Ali disappeared. He'd probably take that guy in for a six pack." Spencer said. 

Katherine wanted to scream how untrue that was. She wanted to tell them about all of her special moments with the blonde boy. How caring he was. How fucking real he was. 

"I heard he's sober now." Katherine said, being careful with her words as she tried her best to defend the older boy. 

"Yeah, I thought Jason told you he was clean and sober now." Emily said to Spencer. 

"Emily, I've had like three conversations with him. I never asked them for a urine sample." Spencer said. 

"Okay. Gagging now." Hanna said. 

"So, how are we supposed to keep 24/7 tabs on Melissa when we're not even allowed in your house?" Aria asked. 

"Katherine is. And Melissa likes Katherine." Emily said. 

"Guys." Spencer said, looking behind them, not taking her eyes off of the hooded figure in the back. They all turned to see what the brunette was looking at but there was nothing there by the time they looked. 

"What did you see?" Hanna asked. 

The screen went white and started to glitch, making them focus to the front and not the back where the hooded figure had returned, this time closer. 

They all turned and saw the stranger, all breathing heavily in fear by everything happening around them. 

"Let's go." Spencer said quickly, as they all hurried up from their seats. 

"No, I can't find my other shoe!" Hanna yelled, fear taking over her as she was nearing a full on panic attack. 

"Ian. Is that?" Aria said, as the hooded figure was now in the front with a bright flashlight.