19 - A Person of Interest

Katherine's phone rang, she wanted to be petty and not answer Spencer's call but it was hard for her to ignore her best friend. 

"What's up?" Katherine said, answering the call.

"Hey, we were all just questioned by the police. The trophy was fake and the blood belonged to a rat." Spencer said. 

"A set you guys up." Katherine said. 

"Yeah. I'm sorry that we acted like that yesterday. Will you come over?" Spencer said. 

"Yeah, I'll be there in a sec." Katherine said, hanging up and grabbing her jacket. 

Katherine walked into the house and was met with Veronica, Peter, and Spencer sitting down, Spencer trying to hide her tears, and Melissa and Ian standing near the couch. 

"I can come back another time." Katherine said. 

"No, honey, sit down. You're fine." Veronica said, patting the seat next to her. 

Katherine sat down and looked at all the people, trying to figure out what exactly was going on. 

"I hope you get the help you need." Melissa said to Spencer. 

"Spencer, I want you to know I'm not angry with you. I'm confused, but I'm not mad." Ian said.

"What I don't understand is why you came back to Rosewood. You got away with it." Spencer said. 

"You're sick." Melissa said. 

"Melissa." Peter said. 

"That's how I deal with this, dad. I have to believe you're ill." Melissa said. 

"If you had just stayed away, no one ever would have known." Spencer said. 

"Now, that's enough." Veronica said. 

Katherine didn't know what to say, so she just stayed quiet in her seat, biting the inside of her cheek. She knew she had to tell Spencer who really pushed that girl down those stairs. She knew that if she admitted it was her, then Spencer would ease off of Ian.

"What? The trophy wasn't real but that doesn't mean that he didn't do it." Spencer said. 

"Oh my god, do you hear yourself?" Melissa said. 

"I'm just making things worse by being here. Spencer, I meant what I said." Ian said, before walking out of the house. 

"Why can't you just let me be happy?" Melissa said. 

"This isn't about you." Spencer said. 

"You're right. Like always, it's about you. I don't know how you can stay friends with her, Kat." Melissa said, storming off to where Ian went. 

"Look, I, I know what this must look like and-" Spencer started. 

"No. Honey, I don't think you do." Veronica said. 

"Spence, that thing that you think was Ian that night we were with Ali, that wasn't him." Katherine said. 

"I know you think it was CeCe, but we were actually thinking it was Alison. She was obsessed with Ian." Spencer said. 

"It wasn't CeCe, Ian, or Alison." Katherine said. 

"How in the world would you even know that?" Spencer asked. 

"Because it was me." Katherine said. "What happened that night had nothing to do with Ian. He knew but that was all." 

"Wait, I'm sorry, what did you do?" Veronica asked.