(10) CHAPTER X

—VIGILANCE—

Carrying the beta in his arms in bridal style, the alpha went upstairs, Jimin following him closely, stressing more about the closeness.

The doctor stood near the staircase at the top, waiting, and rushed behind the alpha with his head down as soon as he spotted him. The alpha headed towards the beta's bedroom. He stepped in and placed the man in his arms gently on the queen-size bed.

Jimin quickly placed a chair right beside the bed for Jungkook to sit. The alpha ordered the doctor to start his work with a flick of his fingers.

The doctor did a standard check-up, checking vitals, blood pressure, heart rate, and temperature. The temperature was slightly higher than usual. The doctor pushed the beta's sweaty matte bangs back and placed his palm on his forehead. The skin was cold under the doctor's touch, but the beta's hand, which the doctor was holding to check his pulse, was burning hot, leaving the doctor confused about his state.

All this while Jimin started releasing heavy stressful pheromones making the whole room reek with his unpleasant smell, hoping to mask the beta's sweet scent, which partially worked since the entire room was stinking, plus the beta had the alpha's whole attention, so it can't be called another futile attempt of the red-haired to cover the beta's scent

Touching the beta's neck and other hand, the doctor noticed his neck wasn't as hot as compared to his hands. Pinching the hem of the beta's shirt between his fingers, the doctor attempted to lift the cloth up to reveal his stomach, but before he could continue his task, his hand was gripped, halting his examination.

The alpha's pierced eyebrow was raised in silent question at the doctor's act, who was already intimidated by his presence.

"I-I need to check his body temperature," the doctor stammered fearfully with his head bowed down, not daring to pass a single glance at the alpha.

Jungkook left the doctor's hand and stepped forward. The doctor automatically took a step back and got out of the alpha's terrorizing space.

The hem of the cloth was fisted in jungkook's hand while he slipped his other hand under the shirt, making sure he revealed no patch of skin while he did that. Under the alpha's touch, the tan skin was hot and moist, increasing the alpha's concern about his state. The beta squirmed under the alpha's touch, reacting strongly. He whimpered in his unconsidered state.

"It's burning," the alpha stated while softly stroking the beta's belly in an attempt to calm him down. The beta reacted immediately and curled himself in a ball, hoping to get close to the warmth emitting from his hand, which slid to his waist over his shirt as the beta changed his position.

"Is-is this his first he—"

Jimin coughed loudly, interrupting the doctor's question who was scared even to talk, but it took a couple of seconds for the red-haired to calm down, gasping.

"Does it matter?" Jimin asked as soon as he recovered, making the alpha knit his brows at the clouded talk. Jungkook turned his back to the beta to focus on the other two talking.

"Depends. It's normal to have such symptoms before hea—"

The red-haired coughed again, but this time, his fake coughs and sharp intake of breaths left him in an absolute coughing fit.

"Looks like your scent is causing you anosmia" the alpha said, letting out a humorless chuckle.

Jimin ignored the alpha's comment kept his attention on the doctor, emphasizing him to continue with his silence.

"I will prescribe him a sleeping pill so that his body can get the rest it needs, which will also be useful for him, and some vitamins to help—"

"Perfect. Thank you. You can leave now. Come on" Jimin quickly ushered the doctor out and shut the door. He managed to do all that in the blink of an eye.