(14) CHAPTER XIV

—HELPLESS  TEARS—

Taehyung stirred awake fluttering his eyelids open letting his eyes adjust to the bright lighting of the morning sun while he waited for the sleep to wear off him. Slowly his mushy brain started to work recovering his memory and starting to function properly.

Last night the drowsiness hit him as soon as he closed the door and he was out like a light once his body touched the mattress, he remembered.

Rubbing sleep off his eyes he felt the metal uncomfortably scrape against his eyelids, he raised his hand above his face observing the ring threaded in his finger. The stone dark against the light

Thinking all of this happened to him because of this unknown ring that somehow landed on his finger he removed it yesterday but after doing that there wasn't any change in him, he still felt hot and sweaty so now it was clear to him that the ring wasn't the reason for whatever was happening to him. Yesterday before going to Jimin's room taehyung saw the ring placed on his bedside table the emerald green color stands out and he felt the sudden urge to wear so he did just that. He felt oddly connected to the ring.

Rising to his feet he groggily sauntered to freshen up lazily grabbing the clothes which were Jungkook's left outside the door on his way thinking it was wise of him to leave the door unlocked which allowed Jimin to silently get in and leave the clothes without disturbing his sleep. Taehyung hates getting disturbed during sleep and even more hates when someone walks in while he's asleep he doesn't want anyone to see him in that state there wasn't any specific reason it was his comfort zone and he just didn't like anyone disturbing him so he always locked his door but now he had no choice, he had to keep the door unlocked.

Taking off the sweaty garments he was wearing he slipped inside the shower adjusting the water to slightly less warm and more cold temperature.

The water hitting his head was dripping down washing down the layer of sweat off his body, he pushed his hair sticking to his forehead back taking in a deep shuddering breath as he felt his mind wandering back to those insecure thoughts which he tried his best to avoid since yesterday and he let himself get swallowed in work even in his room on his bed to get his mind away from the pressing matters. His run to Jimin's room was also because he didn't want to twist and turn in his bed all night awake with his thoughts eating away his sanity and composure.

His intelligence has always been commended, his quick-witted nature always helped the pack in many unfortunate and unforeseen events but when it came to figuring out how and what is happening to his own self he was left clueless. No matter how hard he tried he wasn't able to disregard the way his body was acting up, the heat licking his insides, the urge to run to any man he spots and just be close to that person made his skin crawl.

Taehyung bit his lower lip hard inhaling deeply to calm his building anxiety. He flitted his gaze around the bathroom trying to comprehend a way to distract his racing thoughts desperate to maintain his composure. His eyes landed on the alpha's clothes.

"Jungkook" within a couple of seconds tears started blurring his vision and a sob broke through him. It was like the dam has been unleashed and he wasn't able to hold back anymore. His tears started shedding continuously the inability of not being able to handle the situation or even think properly was punching his guts. He dropped on his knees, pulled them close to his chest hiding his face by resting his forehead on his knees he tried to muffle his cries.

His anxiety, insecurity, and loyalty towards the alpha, his pack left him conflicted with troubled thoughts that made it difficult for him to analyze the situation. He wasn't able to even assemble his thoughts, his state so he was nowhere close to even figuring out how to handle the situation. He felt useless, weak.