(55) CHAPTER LV

—LIFE AND DEATH—

Slipping in and out of consciousness, Jungkook continued to struggle to stay awake and alert to his surroundings.

It was the showdown time.

If anything he did manage to keep a check on time due to which he was aware that not a lot of time had passed, seconds had only turned into minutes.

As expected his other pack members in the hiding were caught and brought to the place which Jungkook was trying to distinguish in his hazy state, fortunately, the dose he was injected with wasn't strong presumably for keeping Jungkook conscious for the ritual.

Though his vision was blurry his senses were still on alert, he could listen to voices some were familiar and some weren't, swirling around him, talking and scheming to proceed with their calculated moves.

In the line in which Jungkook worked, betrayal and hunger for power constantly prevailed. He thought he was used to it but the sight of some of his friends, who he considers part of the family standing opposite to him, against him with the enemy was an unexpected blow.

Rosé and Baekhyun worked together against Jungkook it was easy to guess now and Namjoon who got close to Rosé had
willingly joined the duo but Hoseok's intervention in the hate club was unforeseen and difficult to dissect.

Though it wasn't as complicated as Jungkook had sought it to be. Through Rosé and Namjoon, Hoseok met and joined hands with Kwon so through Namjoon, Hoseok got involved as well.

To prove his loyalty he went as far as putting himself in danger and also injecting Jimin to induce the hallucination something which he had later injected in himself as well.

Jungkook noticed his friends who supported him were bound with ropes, flanked by men holding them still. He could see the people who helped them standing there as well caught in the damage, the sight of Felix made Jungkook wonder if he should be relieved to see him or sad that they were victims of the cruelty.

There was a depressive spike of remorse that struck Jungkook even through his blurry vision he could make out his pack members, his friends standing in torment.

There wasn't anything he could do, he tried but still got caught in this dangerous mess dragging his pack into the danger too.

He strived hard but still, it wasn't enough, it was never enough. No matter what he did they still ended up being there standing, involved in the game of life and death and it was all because of him.

He felt guilty.

He felt failed as a leader.

Any resistance or retaliation was futile because the enemy was audaciously well-prepared. Still, if Jungkook tried he knew it would result in complicating the situation further, it wasn't something he had in mind at that moment so he was limp, letting himself be manhandled.

Yet he was aware the elder, ByungHun might be somewhere out there hidden in the shadows, he for sure had a plan, he would strike if needed, but when he would come out, Jungkook didn't know.

There were murmurs everywhere around him, talking in hushed and commanding voices, he felt himself brought and made to sit on something flat and sturdy. The men dragging him didn't need to hold him down on whatever small platform they made him sit on as he had enough consciousness to manage and hold himself still.

It was hard to distinguish between the voices that were overlapping each other though in those swooshing murmurs a distinct sound of rippling water caught Jungkook's attention.

Curious he looked around, he blinked several times irritated by the blurriness he faced but in that blurred vision, he was able to discover a river that was a little far away from him. He scanned the area and discovered himself in the middle of a clearing with people circling him including his pack members who as he presumed were caught, hands bound they looked at him helplessly in concern, which pricked him painfully. Lucas was standing close to them keeping a close eye.