(38) CHAPTER XXXVIII

—DNA—

Dry leaves crunched under his slips ons as he marched in the forest stuffing his hands in the pockets of his oversized long coat which he wore over his pj's slowing down he admired the flowers blooming on trees.

In his slower pace, he got behind Jungkook who whistled on his way ahead enjoying the morning breeze, he watched his back walking through the grove of magnolia trees, specks of white on green looked ethereal with their branches spread out vastly

In his state of admiration, he missed the alpha's figure getting out of his sight, quick to realize the loss of presence the beta increased his pace to cover the increasing distance

As he took a couple of rushed steps forward echo of wailing filled his ears.

The alarming noise resounded in the calming grove as the beta let go of his walking pace and ran ahead

"JUNGKOOK" He yelled his name, calling out to him in fear but as he followed the noise the wailing rang clearer so he took off in a sprint screaming his mate's name with full-blown panic hitting him.

Soon a hunched silhouette on the dark ground came into his sight so he came to a halt staggering in disbalance due to the change of pace.

"No, please, please, please no," The hunched silhouette said who was hidden under the cover of a black colored cloak creating a contrast to the white day sitting on the ground, Taehyung noted it was crying over something.

As he dared to take a few steps closer to the cloaked person crying profusely who had its back to him to inspect, the pale face of Jungkook came into his view.

There on the lap of the cloaked figure was his mate's head lying on the dark ground, dark eyes wide open. He was stabbed with some weird silver dagger over his heart, and dark red blood formed around the wound

"Please," the figure sobbed profusely gently cradling the alpha's face between its hands.

Taehyung stumbled forward to get closer to Jungkook's lying body and dropped on his knees in a state of utter shock.

It was getting harder for him to breathe his lungs feeling clogged, chest tightening he looked at the eyes of the alpha open wide losing their depth, face contorted in an expression of shock as if he died that way. The stiffened features on the pale face depicted his perished state

The alpha's head shifted as the cloaked figure brought it close to itself hugging it tight with tears wetting the pristine pale skin "Please," the figure pleaded as if begging the alpha to come back to life

Droplets of tears from the figure dripped and trailed down on Jungkook's lifeless face which was getting harder to look at. Taehyung's gaze lifted to the cloaked figure cradling the alpha for its life.

Chocolate brown eyes, dry licorice lips, and tan-colored skin wet with tears Taehyung watched his own self crying in horror.

The cloaked figure was Kim Taehyung himself, his mirror side weeping for the alpha

With great difficulty in a frightened state, Taehyung managed to whip his eyes open, the terror of the events haunting his senses got his breathing quickened. He sat upright from his lying position, duvet pooling around his legs, beads of sweat clinging to him dried stickily on the tan skin of his neck and forehead.

He jumped at the sound of the door clicking open, startled he looked at the source of it.

A strong scent of soap and sandalwood permeated the room as the alpha stepped out relaxed after taking a hot shower. Half naked with one white towel tied around his waist and the other hanging around his neck he used one side to towel dry his silky black hair.