(17) CHAPTER XVII

—SELF-PRESERVATION—

Taking in a spoon of milk and cereal in his mouth Jungkook chewed the gooey mix and caught Taehyung's hand who stood beside him in silence watching him eat.

Swiftly grabbing another chair close to his own the alpha tugged him down to sit.

Using the same spoon he raised it close to the beta's lips urging him to eat. The milk dripped down the spoon on the table as Taehyung watched the alpha in surprise at the gesture who waited patiently for him to eat.

Not being able to control the stretch of his lips taehyung glanced down at his lap accepting the bite.

They both sat in comfortable silence eating.

Taehyung felt all sorts of warm feelings in his chest as he ate while Jungkook was famished which he noticed after swallowing down his first bite but he made sure the beta was also well-fed.

The maid stood behind them back from serving food to Rosé at Jungkook's instructions had her head lowered and as soon as the bowl was empty Jungkook signaled her for another portion which she quickly served in different clean white bowl taking the empty, dirty one away.

All the while Jungkook ate keeping an eye on Taehyung who took every bite gratefully and making his hunger evident by eating hungrily but after a couple of bites from the second portion he started chewing properly meaning his hunger had possibly subsided

The natural small moment shared between the alpha and the beta wasn't unfamiliar in any way. The simplicity of them sharing those everyday moments with each other is what made it significant for them, cardinal and special for Taehyung.

Letting the beta eat the last couple of spoons that was left in the bowl Jungkook slipped it over to the beta's side and started munching on the carrots

Taehyung quickly finished his bit and watched the alpha chewing lost in his thoughts with both elbows resting on the table, his chin resting on his palm while the other hand held the piece of carrot he was nibbling on. His round eyes, pale cheeks, disheveled hair with side parting covering one side of his forehead made him look soft and pleasant to the beta's eyes. Of course, his features resembled like a rabbit to him as well but that was a secret the beta would never say out loud, keeping it to himself.

Jungkook felt the beta's gaze on him and looked at him. The beta was staring at him with an impassive expression and unreadable usual small eyes that made the alpha raise one of his brows in question at which the beta attentively shook his head not revealing his trivial thoughts because like always it doesn't matter, even his attraction for the alpha.

___________________

Rubbing the sleep off his eyes Taehyung grabbed his phone that was carelessly tossed beside his pillow to check the time, the screen flashing 7:37, the brightness made him squint.

With blurry vision and sleep clouding his eyes thinking it wasn't a good idea to sleep off his worries he got up to his feet stumbling to the door as the soft knocks urged him close to it.

Opening the unlocked door revealing the maid finding it hard to keep his eyes open he stood waiting for her to speak her reason for the disturbance

"Jimin sir has arrived. Alpha sir and mam have asked me to inform you to come downstairs for dinner" the maid informed and Taehyung nodded thanking her for the information which he asked to be informed about Jimin's arrival in the morning on his way back to his room and dismissed her.

Closing the bedroom door behind him Taehyung walked out of the room as soon as the maid left. He ran his fingers through his silver hair feeding his insecurity trying to tame his ruffled silver locks on his way to Jimin's room.