(11) CHAPTER XI

—REACTIONS—

Picking up the cutlery, he sliced the steaming steak, chopped it into a bite-size piece, lifting it with his fork. He popped the meat in and chewed carefully not to burn his mouth.

"The meeting was a hoax" Bangchan informed.

"It was all pre-planned to lure us in with people in disguise. We should've been more cautious. Fortunately, no fatal damage happened" Jimin said with his hands held together behind his back in respect matching all the men who accompanied them on mission standing orderly in the dining area While Jungkook was busy eating at the dining table seated at his usual spot focused on his food but also listening to the updates. However, he already knew about almost everything.

"We weren't aware of this at all. Though we were on alert, it was still dangerous for us. We had no idea about this scam but-maybe-maybe-taehyung knew about this?.." Namjoon voiced his theory skipping the details of the mission assuming that the alpha already had got every second informed "there is no way taehyung didn't had any idea about this, he always knows ahead of the plan, he always double checks, he always plans the entire arrangements, he always knows" Jungkook stopped eating intently looking at namjoon who continued "he-he was laughing when the-the man in Volkov's disguise threatened us it wasn't something unusual but the way taehyung handled the entire situation made it obvious that he might've seen it coming or knew that this was going to happen."

"But it could also mean that it was fake bravado not to show his weakness and that being cornered had caught him off guard," Yoongi answered his opinion looking at namjoon standing beside him.

"Apart from that, he also collected blood sample of that man in disguise," Jimin informed, remembering the act during namjoon's explanation, "and there were vampires present as well—"

"Vampires?" Jungkook asked furiously at this new piece of information, leaving Jimin intimidated "Why wasn't I informed?" Jungkook was seething "I-I-" Jimin gulped, stammering, further infuriating Jungkook "I was going to—"

The alpha got up and slammed his chair on the wall breaking the wood into pieces with splinters flying around, making every single person in the room flinch except the alpha, who was burning in rage.

Jimin whimpered, dropping down on his knees, submitting, followed by the rest of the members submitting to the alpha.

Jungkook took deep breaths to control his fury before it caused further damage, his eyes flashing red caused him to blink furiously to get rid of the color. Jimin was biting his lower lip hard to stop his whimpers.

There was pin-drop silence in the area filled with the alpha's ragged breathing.

Inhaling deeply, the alpha strode back and sat on the dining table in such a way that his one leg was bent, resting on the dining chair while the other one was down, straight. Swirling the tip of his tongue in buccal, he looked at Jimin with a steely gaze.

"Speak" Jungkook ordered

Jimin took a couple of seconds to calm his fear but didn't dare to prolong his answer. "No one knew about this we didn't get any time to discuss and..and the—" he stopped speaking, listening to the sound of Jungkook tapping his index fingernail on the top of the dining chair echoing, which indicated that he was getting impatient, so he cut short to the point continuing "I was looking for taehyung he was lost in the chaos" the alpha was listening, his hand moved from the top of the chair to the empty glass on table which was holding the alpha's gaze. Tracing the rim of the glass with his middle finger, he glanced at the red-haired "I found him, but there was a vampire that attacked him" Jimin informed with his eyes glued to the ground, but the faint sound of jingle and scent of blood made him lift his gaze.