6. I Hope to see you Soon

Madeleine's POV
When the auditions were done, Princess gave a small speech about how to contact the castle to know who moves on. Every cookie left the castles borders, except for Espresso and his sister.

Curious, I walk out of the castle and approach them. Espresso was flustered when I appeared behind him. It was cute. "Whatcha doin?" I ask peeking over Espresso's head.

Latté smiled, "Just figuring out where to venture out to next!" she was holding a map of the kingdom smiling a nice grin. "We want to explore a few places before I... we go to our hotel room..." she looked at Espresso.

I gasp and clap my hands together, "You guys should look at the shops near the Sprinkle Forest!" I giggle, "They have the cutest little gift shops around there, and they sell custom stuffed animals I like to make in my free-time!"

Latté gasped and stared at me in shock, "YOU MAKE STUFFED ANIMALS?!"

"Yeah," I smile and laugh with her.

Espresso's POV
Madeleine's laughs made me feel so warm and tingly inside. He looked me up and down with a smile. "I hope I see you for the official practice..." he reached his hand over and pet my head softly like I was a kitten.

I blush and gently take his hand off of my head. "You shouldn't act so childish Mr. Commander" I roll my eyes and smile holding in a giggle or two.

Madeleine laughed again and waved to us. "I hope to see you soon... Espresso..." I watched as he smiled saying my name. Without a second to reply, he walked up the steps into the castle. His long cream colored hair swaying back and forth in his ponytail.

Latté chuckled once he was out of sight. "I heard him call you love earlier," she suddenly began to mock kissing sounds as she rubbed her body all over.

I shove her and yell, "Shut up, Latté! I could do the same with you and the musketeer girl you met one time! You had a HUGE crush on her, I KNOW you did!"

Latté gasped as we walked down steps pushing each other and laughing. Even though we usually didn't get along well, she was one of the only people who cared about me.

Madeleine's POV
I watched Espresso and Latté leave the castle grounds until I couldn't. Once they were gone a felt love struck. I knew there was an invisible arrow sticking out of my chest.

Princess chuckled walking up to me. "He was pretty good! I honestly might choose him,"

"Oh, your highness~" I fell to the ground and covered my face. As my eyes shut closed I still visioned him smiling the cutest and most awkward smile ever. "Please do! I... I honestly think I'm in love!"

"I know you're in love, Mad!" Princess knealed next to me and pat my back. "Since he was so kind and he danced so well, I'll allow it!"

I smile wide and hug Princess tightly, "Thank you so so much, Princess!" Joy was overflowing me in that very moment. I was already planning on how I'd kiss Espresso on the last dip. Feeling his soft lips on mine~

Espresso's POV
We found the gift shop Madeleine had spoken about a few minutes later. Latté entered, she was greeted kindly by everyone there. Wasn't shocking. She's a star world wide, I guess.

When I entered the shop on the other hand, I got many stares by not just the staff, but the customers there, too! I didn't understand when I heard whispers from all around me.

"Oh boy," I heard, "He's going to rob the place for sure. Look at that face!" I widen my eyes and feel my face. I slowly turn the other way feeling a word arrow stab me.

I follow Latté as she looks at the small home decors near the back as a group of people scoff and look at me, "That guy looks like a nerdy dork." he pointed to me and laughed, "Look at those glasses! That guy probably reads books 24/7!! What a loser!"

As the group laughs together I feel Latté's hand on my back, "Bro. Don't listen to them! They're honestly just a bunch of jerks. I think your glasses look good." she leaned toward me and giggled, "The commander sure seemed to think they were cute." she smiled at me and winked.

I nod and go to the stuffed animal rack where I assumed Madeleine stuffed. I looked through them. They were so cute. Some of them were cookies, others were objects or animals.

I smiled as I looked through the rack. After a minute, I found two huggable sized stuffed animals that made me smile. One was Madeleine in what seemed to be his knight armor and the other was him with his suit on and his hair ties up.

The stuffed toys looked so cute! I picked them both up and hugged them individually. So soft and warm. I nodded and turned to Latté, "I want these.." I whisper.

Latté laughed and handed me a 50 coins, "Here, go ahead and buy them. I'm going to continue looking for things." she smiled and walked back to the decor rack. I nod and walk to the register.

The cashier stared at me confused. "Hi... J-Just these, please." I smile to him and hand him the 50 coins. He stared at me still and rolled his eyes. "You can keep the change. Thank you!!"

He scoffed as he shoved my things in the bag and handed me the receipt rolling his eyes. "Whatever." I frowned taking my bag and walk away gently putting the receipt in it.

I hear a sinister laugh behind me before sirens stab the eardrums of everyone in the store. "ITS HIM OFFICER! HE STOLE IT! HE STOLE IT!"