34. Happily Ever After~

3 years later...

Madeleine's POV
"I now pronounce you, husband and other husband," Princess cheered, "YOU MAY KISS THE GROOM!"

I take Espresso's cheeks and kiss him immediately. We listen as other cookies cheer and throw roses in excitement. When I stopped kissig Espresso he stared into my eyes with such care and joy.

I couldn't help but smile.

Three years ago, Espresso decided to run away from his home to live with me. So did Latté. Sure, she woke up extremely early to catch the train so that she could still attend her school, but now show told stories about the commander and her nerdy bookworm twin brother.

Espresso's father? Heh. He was thrown into life-time jail for child abuse, manipulation, and attempted homicide. Espresso's mother died of an overdose a year later.

As for Espresso and I, we decided to get married and move into a house close to the castle and Latté's home. We were also the beginning dance partners for all of Princess's balls from three years ago to today.

Life felt amazing. Incredible. I'd be happy to say that Espresso felt the same. I lay on my bed dozing off as Espresso joins me with a smile. "What's so funny, starlight!" I ask as I watch him begin to quietly chuckle.

He shrugged, "Nothing..."

I sit up and start to tickle him. "IT'S NOT NOTHING WHEN YOUR SMILING LIKE THAT, CUTIE!" I kiss his neck and hold his waist close to me.

Espresso continued to giggle. "I just think you look cute when you're pretending to read!" He pointed at the book I held.

I sit up and stare at it. Dammit. "Dammit," I giggle, "You caught me." I drop the book and raise my hands up. He was right. I was fake reading. I was watching him change his clothes and brush his hair.

Espresso laid in the bed and smiled. "How'd we get here." he whispered.

I lay beside him and stare into his sparkling eyes. "Not sure. I guess we fell in love." I close my eyes and I kiss his forehead gently. "Let's sleep. We have a ball tomorrow."

"My my," Espresso rolled his eyes. "It feels like Princess has balls every day, at this point! I remember our first ball together like it was yesterday." he looked up at me and smiled.

I laugh and nod my head, "I do as well! You were so shy around me~ I knew you were head over heels for me from the very beginning."

I sit up and flip my hair in glory. Espresso rolled his eyes again chuckling, "Yeah, right." We both laugh for a minute. He smiled at me and kissed my cheek, "Good night, darling."

I kiss his cheek back and take his glasses off resting them on the nightstand and clicking the light off. "Good night, starlight." I smile, "I love you~"

Espresso clicked his tongue and chuckled. "I love you, too."

I held him close to me as we both fell asleep in our warm bed knowing the next day would have many adventures ahead. Just like any other ordinary day.