8. Stay with me...

TW// mentions of blood, weapons, etc...

...

Madeleine's POV
Before I could get back on my horse, I hear a loud blood curdling scream behind me. As I turn around, Espresso was laying on the ground holding his knee up to his chest. "ESPRESSO!" I shout running back to him.

I fall to the ground and hold him in my arms. After a bit of studying, I see that Espresso's leg was gashing blood. "It hurts... A lot!" Espresso pushed through words. It hurt so me a lot seeing him like this...

There was a sword next the the treehe was by. It was also very bloody. I look up and see a shadow behind the tree run away from the scene into the distance.

As Espresso cried in pain, I quickly take the scarf on my armor and try to wrap it around his leg, but he flinched back, "No," he muttered, "I don't want... t-to get your clothing... b-bloody..."

I frown, "I'll wash it," I tell him, "You're already losing so much blood, my clothes are the last thing on my mind right now..." I proceeded to wrap the scarf around his leg and sighed.

Espresso took heavy heavy breaths, I was so surprised he wasn't dead yet by the way he kept breathing. "Why..." he laughed as more tears fell from him. "Why is it always me..." I stare into his dreamy eyes as he closes them slowly becoming limp.

No. No no no, not before I confess my love for him. "Espresso, STAY WITH ME!" I shout. Luckily enough he opened his eyes leaning his head closer to me.

I carefully lift him up like a princess and look around. "Here," I set Espresso on my horse and  look at him. "Have you riden a horse before?"

Espresso slowly shook his head. "M...my village doesn't h-have much horse... Horses..." he muttered.

I nod and smile, hopping on my horse infront of him. I wink at him, "Hold on to me tightly, Buttercup is very fast and I don't want you to fall." Without any other hesitation, Espresso fell forward into my back holding my body tightly. I smile. He is so cute.

Espresso's POV
I hold on to Madeleine tight. He felt so strong and warm, I didn't want to let go. "Go, Buttercup, GO!" Madeleine cheered as the horse began to gallop.

Madeleine was right. His horse was very fast. I closed my eyes and tried to ignore the pain I was feeling in my leg and tried to focus on Madeleine's body.

"Are you doing ok?" he asked. I slowly nod and smile. I loved how much he cared about me... but... No. You can't fall in love. DON'T fall in love. He's just a friend. He's just... A close friend that looks really pretty and attractive...

We stopped for a minute to let his horse take a rest. Madeleine turned to me and smiled. When I looked up, he pet my head and giggled, "You are so adorable, you know that?"

My cheeks turn red and grow hot. I groan and hide my face in his body, "Shut up..." I muttered. Madeleine drove me crazy but at the same time he was so endaring.

Once we arrived at the castle, he lifted me again and took me inside. The Princess was there. She gasped and ran up to us, "Oh my... Is he ok?"

"I'm not sure..." Madeleine sighed and looked at me, "Get me Pure Vanilla and send him to my room..." Princess nodded and waddled off and away somewhere else.

Madeleine's POV
I bring Espresso up to my room and rest him on my bed. "Does it still hurt?"

Espresso shrugged and nodded, "Yeah... Not as bad anymore but... Yeah." I smile and nod.

I take his bag and set it on my crafts chair. I suddenly realize he's in my room. He's IN my room! "U-Uh..." I clear my throat, "Sorry if my room's a... A mess," I chuckle.

He smiles and laughs with me, "It is alright." he sighed looking around.

After a minute, Pure Vanilla came in with a frown and a few bandages. "Madeleine," he sighed. "I'm actually in the middle of an emergency surgery at the moment... But I brought some bandages." he smiled and handed me the roll of bandage.

I widen my eyes and look at Espresso. "PV, I-"

"Oh, is this the boy Princess mentioned?" Pure Vanilla gasped. He crouched down to face Espresso and smiled. "You two would make a cute coup-"

"Ok, that's enough!" I shout grabbing Pure Vanilla's neck and shoving him outside. I lock the door and hide my blushing face. "S-Sorry about him..."

Espresso smiled. "That's ok.."

Pure Vanilla Cookie was the kingdoms healing cookie. His son, Custard III was going to be next for sure. They both liked teasing me on lots of things. I guess now it's be Espresso.

I take the scarf off of Espresso's leg and wipe the excess blood off. The wound cut deep through his pants and skin, the blood was dark dark red. Shaking, I wrapped the bandages around his leg. "I'm going to apply pressure, ok?" I mutter.

Espresso nods. I press on his leg as he holds his breath. I could tell by his face he was in lots of pain, it made me sad how hurt he was.

I'm so happy he is ok now, though. When he closed his eyes back there, I almost cried. He was so close to passing out and if I didn't do anything he wouldn't be here now. I have to protect him at all costs. I'll do anything to keep him safe. Anything.