29. Back in your Arms

Espresso's POV
Madeleine lifts me and walks to the ballroom. Most people were gone, others stayed behind and talked to Princess. "Let's go in my room," Madeleine whispered. I nodded as he carried me to his bedroom and set me on the bed. I sigh and close my eyes.

The exhaustion in my body finally washing over me, my lungs grabbing as much breath as it could. I could tell it wasnt making progress. Madeleine smiled and sat besides me.

I look at him and frown. I realize that I'd have to go home soon. With my parents. "I don't want to go," I whisper.

Madeleine frowns with me and kisses my head, "I don't want you to go, either... I wish you could stay." He suddenly smiles as I sit up to look at him. He hugged me tightly, "It will be ok, though. We can keep dating, send each other letters, and you can visit any time!"

I smile, "That sounds like a good plan.." I lean on his shoulder as he pet the back of my head and back.

We hear the door open. Princess. "Hey, love birds!" she teases, "How'd he taste, Espresso?"

I scoff, "He tasted terrible." I look at him and wink. He smiled wider.

"If he tasted 'terrible,' you would've ended that kiss WAY sooner!" She laughs a minute then frowns slowly. "Your family left to the hotel... Your dad, mom, and Latté." she looked down, "They gave me this to... give to you."

She walked over and handed me a slip of paper. As I flipped it around I grew a frown. A train ticket. "A train ticket..." I mutter. I look at Madeleine who was also frowning.

Princess smiled, "B-But, hey! You're free to visit anytime..." I look at her. Even though throughout all of these weeks, she also seemed hurt that I was leaving. She seemed sad. No. Disappointed. Scared? Both, maybe.

I smile and nod, "Thank you."

"No problem." She whispered. She puffed out her dress and wiped her eyes with a smile, "I'm going to clean the mess downstairs, have a goodnight, you two!"

"Good night, Princess." Madeleine and I both wave goodbye as she waved back and shuts the door gently.

Madeleine frowns and hugs me, burying his face in my shoulder. "I don't want you to leave, starlight :( I don't want him to hurt you." he whined.

I feel tears falling as I hug him back. I sniffle and shake my head, "I'll be ok," I say, my voice cracking. I could tell Madeleine was also crying by the way his voice sounded.

"I'm supposed to protect you..." he whimpered.

"I'll be ok." I lift his head slowly and kiss his cheek. It was coated in tears, but so was mine. "I'll be ok." I repeat.

"Can we sleep?" he whispered.

I chuckle and nod. "Let us sleep." I stand taking my shirt off and grabbing my pajamas. Madeleine did the same.

When we were dressed, we laid back down and grabbed out plush's. I close my eyes but feel Madeleine grab me. I turn my head slightly. "What is it?" I whisper.

"I want to cuddle~" he quietly groans.

I roll my eyes hiding my smile. "Whatever." I mutter back. I roll over and lay between his chin and legs. My head fell up against his chest. Madeleine smiled and took my glasses off.

I closed my eyes again. He pulled me close to him as he spoke, "Can I sing to you?"

"No." I whisper. He giggles and sighs. For a while, I hear silence. But then I heard small whimpers. Small cries.

When I opened my eyes, I realized it wasn't Madeleine that was crying. It was me. "Starlight?" Madeleine whispers, "What's wrong, sweetheart? Are you ok?"

"I don't know..." I whisper. I take my arms and hug him tightly rubbing into his shoulder. "I'm scared..."

Madeleine sighs chuckling and holds me closer than ever. I could hear his breathing, now. His calm heartbeat. "Oh, love," he smiles. I close my eyes and listen to his soothing voice.

"I promise you he won't hurt you... I know, I'm scared he will but... If he hurts you too bad I promise, I will come to your rescue. All you need to do is write me a letter and I'll be there as quick as light. Ok?"

I smile and nod. "Ok."

He chuckles and kisses my head, "Good night, starlight." he whispers. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

...

...

??? POV
I open the door and walk up to the bed staring down at the two laying there. I scowl and grab Espresso's neck pulling him upward.

I knew his pathetic would immediately scream, so I covered his mouth quickly. "Shut up." I mutter. I drag him by his neck out of the room, down the stairs and outside.

Quickly, I through him to the ground and begin to shout at him. "WHY WERE YOU SLEEPING WITH HIM LIKE THAT!"

"I-"

Before he could speak I kicked the middle of his neck where his throat should be sending him down the other pair of outside stairs. I walk down and step on his chest hard grinding him in the ground.