7. Innocent

Espresso's POV
I quickly turn to see the cashier pointing to me as customers in the shop gasped screamed and started to call cops. "W-WHAT?!" I shout.

Latté looked at me in confusion. Customers stood back in horror as they stared at me. "What did I do..." I mutter as I slowly back away. What did I do wrong...

Suddenly, knights and cops ran into the shop with guns and swords pointing them toward me. "Drop the bag and freeze!" They yelled.

I quickly run out of the store in panic and run far as I heard footsteps behind me. Why were they chasing me?! What did I do?!

Madeleine's POV
I smiled and giggled as I stuffed the stuffing into my newest Espresso plush. Aww, he was so cute! I was thinking of putting it in the store, but I didn't want to. I decided to keep it!

I stitched the final touches together and screamed in joy! I hugged the plush tightly and kissed it multiple times. I took my ponytail out of my hair and jumped into bed spooning the Espresso plush.

I closed my eyes and kissed the top of the plush gently. "I love you, Espresso~" I kiss the plush on the non existent mouth and close my eyes again dreaming it was relly Espresso.

Suddenly, Knight flew my door open without a knock. I quickly shove Espresso under the sheets and sit up. "COMMANDER!" Knight shouted, "NO MORE FOOLING AROUND!"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU KNOCK I WAS BUSY!" I shout back still hiding Espresso.

Knight rolled his eyes, "There was a gift shop robbed and the robber is on the loose!" he growled, "Luckily cops are on his tail and we know where he is. But you need to come, NOW. No one else will put him in the dungeon."

I widen my eyes and nod. "I'm on my way." Knight shut the door as I hopped out of bed and sliped my armor on. Before Ieft, I slowly take Espresso out from the sheets and kiss his head, "I'll be back honey~" I giggle.

With that, I take my sword and run to the stables to get Buttercup, my horse.

Espresso's POV
I run far into the forest, but it was no use. I kept hearing thousands of sirens blasting through my ears, it hurt like hell.

After a few minutes of hiding, I run in the direction of the kingdom to see if I could hide out there. Tears were flowing down my eyes. I know people didn't like me, and this happened all the time at home, but this was too intense. I was scared.

I run behind a tree near a small soup place, I think, and take a deep breath. "FREEZE!" I suddenly hear. I look forward and see a bunch of knights in the distance. They all stood staring at me swords pointed directly to me. They all sat on horses, too.

I finally broke. I didn't understand what was happening anymore. I dropped to bag and cried with my hands up. I dropped to my knees as I listen to a knight jump off his horse and walk in my direction.

I heavily breathe as the knight stands in front of me. I hear his breath, too. He sounded scared. I slowly look up and widen my eyes. "Espresso?" Madeleine muttered.

I shake my head and cry harder, "I didn't steal anything," I sob and hiccup a few times before standing slowly, "I swear..."

Madeleine's POV
I couldn't believe what I saw. Espresso again. I felt so bad, he was crying so hard and I wasn't doing anything. I take his hand as he flinches and attempt a hug, but then I remembered the other knights behind me.

I turn to them and frown, "I know Espresso is innocent." I mutter. I point to Knight, "Please leave. I want to talk with him."

"But sir, the-"

"NOW." I shout. Knight rolled his eyes and dismissed the knights one by one, including himself.

I smile and then look at Espresso who was on the ground again crying. I frown, crouching down an looking at the bag he dropped. "Is this what... they assumed you stole?" he looked up and slowly nodded. I smile and tilt my head, "Do you have the receipt?"

Espresso slowly took the bag and reached inside pulling out a receipt and handing it to me. "There..." he took a heavy deep breath and held the bag tightly, "Please... Don't hurt me," he whispered.

I widen my eyes and shake my head, "No no no," I assure, "I'm not going to hurt you! This receipt was all I needed to prove your innocence, you're ok!"

Espresso's POV
I look up as Madeleine slowly hugs me pulling me really close. I stopped crying. I hadn't been hugged like this before. Latté was the only other person who hugged me, but it was nothing like this.

I rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes as he rubs my back and pets my head. "Please don't cry, love... It'll be ok I promise..." he whispers hugging me tighter.

It was then I realized I was crying again. "Th-thank you, I..." I sniffle and wrap my arms around him back, "I... I don't know... I-"

"You don't have to speak if you don't want to, I understand how scary this could be." he sighed and chuckled, "A bunch of scary men chasing you for no reason? I'd be pretty terrified, too." he laughed and stood up, along did I.

I wipe my tears and smile as he hands me my bag and waves. "I'll see you later! And... I hope you feel better." He pointed to my bag and winked, "If anyone comes up to you and tries to arrest you or whatever, show 'em the receipt! Also tell them you're friends with me," he winked again and walked toward his horse, "Then they'll leave you alone~"

His voice was so soft. I smile and nod, beginning to walk forward. I suddenly hear a loud slicing sound. My leg feels in pain as I fall and scream loudly, my vision falling blurry.