33. Back

Espresso's POV
Latté and I hop off of the train. She quickly takes my hand and runs toward the kingdom. "Where are we going?" I mutter.

"YOU'LL SEE, YOU'LL SEEEE!!" she giggles in excitement.

I look down at my suitcases and bags. Latté actually convinced me to pack all of my things. ALL of my things. All of my clothes, all of my books, all of my pillows and blankets and stuffed toys. Even some of the posters on my wall. I was convinced we were running away.

We're we running away? No... could we? Even if we were, I don't mind. I was plotting to stab my dad anyway.

We stop at the front of the castle. Latté runs and the front and knocks on the door. I stay behind trying not to cry more than I already was. I hid my face, too.

Knight opened the doors. When he saw us, he immediately let us in. We walked in, Knight stared at me. "Are you doing ok?" he asked.

Him asking that made me feel worse. He sounded like he was expecting me to be ok. Why would I? The love of my fucking life died in my fucking arms. No, I'm not ok.

I cried a little more as I shook my head. He sighed and pat my back, "You'll be ok, I promise."

He walked us upstairs to... Pure Vanilla's office? "Why are we here?" I mutter quietly. I hold my things tightly. I hold my Madeleine plush the tightest.

Knight pulled up two chairs for me and Latté infront of the door. "Stay out here, I will be right back." he carefully opened the door and entered the room.

Latté rested her hand on my shoulder, "Hey. Breathe," she smiles. That's when I realized how unsteady my breathing got. "I promise, we're here for a reason. A good reason."

I nod and close my eyes focusing on my breathing. Slow. In... and out... In... and out... In... and out...

I smiled and hugged my Madeleine plush close to my chest. I continued to keep my eyes closed as I curled up on the chair and forced myself to try and sleep.

...

I open my eyes and jump up in shock. I sigh deeply. It was just a bad dream... I look at my plush and then back at Latté. She held a book in her hands, but she stared at me. "You ok?"

I nod, "Yeah..." I look at Pure Vanilla's door and shuffle my feet. "How long was I asleep?"

Latté looked at her watch and shrugged, "An hour and a half, I believe?" she smiled and rubbed my back, "I'm just happy you actually got a little bit of sleep." she nodded.

Oh yeah. I hadn't slept since the incident, I think. At least, I think I haven't. I groan and adjust my glasses. "Why are we even here-?"

Suddenly, Pure Vanilla opens the door with a smile. "Good evening, Espresso Cookie." he bowed down to me and chuckled softly. "I'm sure you've been egar to-"

"We haven't told him yet..." Latté whispered.

Pure Vanilla widened his eyes and chuckled. "Ah, I see. Well, we have a special guest waiting patiently here for you." he took my hand helping me stand.

He took a blindfold and wrapped it around my eyes. It stabbed me in the heart when I saw it. It reminded me of all of the times Madeleine blindfolded me when he would take me... anywhere he would also be.

Pure Vanilla... or Latté (I couldn't see who) took both of my hands and lead me into the room shutting the door behind us gently. Latté took the blindfold off to reveal what was behind the door.

I widen my eyes. I nearly dropped the plush, but I didn't. Madeleine lay on a hospital bed with thick bandages wrapped around his stomach. I stared at the heart monitor next to his bed. I stared at him. His eyes.

He smiled sweetly. He had the plush of me in his arms. "Hello, starlight." he whispered.

I feel more tears in my eyes fall as I ran up to the bed and hugged him tightly. I cried in his arms like I did when he was in mine. He rubbed my back and played with my hair. "I missed you." I hear him say.

I sit up and smack him hard across the face. "I THOUGHT YOU WERE FUCKING DEAD!" I shout. "I WORRIED SO MUCH! I HAD TO FUCKING TEST FOR PTSD I MISSED YOU SO MUCH I-I-I COULDN'T EAT OR SLEEP OR... or..." I break down into his arms again, "I'm sorry..." I whisper.

Madeleine giggled and continued to play with my hair. "I missed your tsundere, too..." I look up at him and kiss his cheek.

Pure Vanilla nodded and rested his hand on the handle and left the room with a smile. "I will leave you two be." Latté followed behind him fangirling in silence.

Mdeleine waited for Pure Vanilla to fully shut the door before scooting over on the bed and patting down an empty space. "Come, starlight. Sit!" he smiled.

I chuckled and laid in the bed with him. I cuddled up by him and closed my eyes. Even though I was still crying, I felt so much assured and safer in his arms now. His heart beating made me feel so much better.

I hear Madeleine sigh, "Is that true?" he asked, "You... really couldn't sleep or eat?"

I sniffle and nod my head slowly. "I'm sorry..." I whimper, "I tried so hard, b-but I couldn't a-and I had to put myself on medications b-but I don't think some of them helped and... and I-"

"Shh..." he pulled me close and caressed my head gently. "You don't need to explain. It's ok, starlight. I wouldn't be able to eat or sleep, either." he giggled.

I smiled and held onto his shoulder tightly. "I love you..." I whisper.

"I love you too, starlight."