Frisk and Chara x Reader Part 1

I'm tired.
I'm worn down.
I can't do this anymore.
I'm not a strong person.
I'm scared.
I quit.

I'll save you.
I promise.
————————//————

"Bye dad!" You yelled, closing the front door behind you and placing you backpack over your shoulder. You raced down the steps of your porch as you heard a "Have fun at school!". Rolling your eyes, you began your morning trip to school. The wind picked up a little, causing you to shiver. Yup, you can definitely tell winter was on its way. You silently walked down the sidewalk, glancing at the houses as you walked by. Even though you lived here for years, you still found this cozy little town pretty. Everything from the rainbow of colored houses to the occasional trees that changed color once fall had hit. You felt a sense of pride in your little town, knowing a lot of places weren't so nice. A bunny lady working on her garden wave as you walked by. You did the same in return and continued walking. Something about her seemed familiar but you couldn't place what exactly it was. You shrugged and decided to think about something else. After a few more minutes, you stood at the front of your school. Walking inside, you headed straight towards your locker. Thankfully, nobody seem interested in trying to mess with you so far. The bullying didn't happen that often, but you still didn't feel like dealing with anyone. Once you made it, you opened it and your bag. You grabbed the necessary items and placed your bag in your locker. You turned around just in time to come face to face with another person. That person so happened to be human. Not just any human, it was Frisk. You know, the human who saved all of monster kind. The most popular person in this school. Yeah, that's the person facing you with a smile. You felt yourself sweat nervously a little.
"Uh, hi?" You asked, feeling very confused. You had no idea that they even knew you existed.
"Hi, um, I'm Frisk." They told you. If you didn't know any better, you'd say they sounded a bit nervous themselves.
"Yeah, okay nice. Can I help you?" You raised an eyebrow at them. They let out a nervous chuckled. "I was just wondering if you wanted to... walk to class together? We have first period together."
This caught you off guard. You glanced to the side and noticed some of their admires glaring at you. Quickly, you looked back at Frisk. On one hand, walking with them didn't seem that bad- they seemed like a nice person. On the other hand, the amount of people who held romantic feelings for them (almost violently so) terrified you.
"I, uh..." you trailed off.
Frisk looked over to the side at the group of people who were glaring at you. Looking back at you, they smiled reassuringly.
"If you're concerned about them, you don't have to be. They're not that bad. Even if they were, I wouldn't let them do anything to you." They spoke with confidence that they lacked just moments before. You blinked twice, then nodded your head. Their smile widened as they said, "Great, thank you." They gently grabbed your hand and began walking to your class. Thankfully you didn't have to go past the groupies. You looked down at your intertwined hands then back at Frisk. You felt both confused and... comforted? Almost like the feeling of coming home. Comfortable and familiar, two things you should not be feeling with a complete stranger.

Once the two of you walked into the classroom, Frisk let go of your hand. They then took the seat behind your usual one. You furrowed your brows, feeling like that seat belonged to someone else, but you couldn't think of who. You shook your head and walked over to your seat, choosing not to dwell on it. That person doesn't matter anymore. A few moments later, a few more student walk in and then the teacher. School goes on like normally, until lunch. You went to your locker and placed your items in there and grabbed your lunch. Sure most people wouldn't consider a bag of chips, a candy bar, and a bottle of chocolate sauce to be a very healthy lunch, but you're the main character in this story, so who cares about the things backgrounders have to say?

Closing your locker, you rushed over to the lunchroom in hopes to find a decent seat. You know, one that's not next to creepy Jim who picks his nose and talks endlessly about theories of things called "timelines". Entering the cafeteria, your eyes quickly scanned for a place to sit. Suddenly, a hand comes down onto your shoulder, scaring the hell out of you. You quickly turned around with wide eyes. Frisk stood there looking shocked.
"I'm so sorry, (y/n). I didn't mean to scare you."
Taking a deep breath, you relaxed and said "It's okay. What's up?"
Gently smiling at you, they asked if you wanted to sit with them and their twin. You felt surprised.
Frisk added more, "Don't worry about... the people from before. They're usually too scared of Chara to come anywhere near us. When we sit together, at least."
Chara... the name sounded familiar. You shrugged and said sure. They nodded and walked you towards a table in the back. Almost every other table was packed full except this one. This table only had one person sitting at it. Said person looked angry. Like the kind of angry coffee adits get when they didn't get their morning dose of the beverage. They violently bit down on the chocolate bar before their red eyes landed on you and Frisk. You felt like you should be intimidated, but you weren't. What strange feelings you were dealing with today. You both sat down with assumingely Chara in front of you and Frisk to your right.
"Hi Chara." Frisk said cheerfully. "This is (y/n). (Y/n), this is Chara."
"Hi." You said to them as they took another bite, this one seemingly less violent.
"Why did you bring someone here?" Chara asked, ignoring you completely. You dead panned at them as Frisk laughed at your reaction. Frisk looked over at Chara. "Because."
"Because why?" Chara asked angrily.
"Just because." Frisk said as you placed your "lunch" on the table. Chara was about to tell Frisk something before their eyes landed on your bottle.
"Chocolate sauce?" They asked you with curiosity gleaming in their eyes. You nodded before opening said bottle and taking a sip. Placing the bottle back  down, you looked over at Frisk. Frisk looked back over at you with horror.
"Why?" They whispered as you shrugged.
"What? I like chocolate." You took another sip. Looking in front of you, you noticed Chara staring intensely at you as they finished their chocolate bar. You placed the bottle back down and noticed their eyes followed said bottle. Laughing, you passed the bottle to them. They look at you confused.
"What? I don't have germs. You can have the rest, I still have chips and a candy bar to eat."
Their eyes widened. "I think I might like you." They said, taking the bottle swiftly and chugging the rest of it. This time your eyes widened in surprise, having never seen a human drink that quickly. You opened your chip bag, still staring at them as they slammed the bottle onto the table with a grin.
"Hell yeah, that's the good shit."
Frisk shook their head. "How are we related?" You laughed as Chara flicked them off.
"Whatever, at least I don't eat lame ass salads."
"Hey!" They said as you just now noticed the plate of salad in front of them. "At least I won't get diabetes."
They continued going back and forth playfully with the insults, while you laughed and added a comment every now and then.