Out & about

The raven-haired and I frittered yesterday away by watching movies—and face palming whenever a character had done something moronic. (Mammon was a lot angrier than I was, even though he had chosen the movies.) We had forgotten about the "pillow predicament" quite quickly. I didn't know if it was because our brains had expelled it out of our systems as waste products, or because we were plunged in the movies.

        I lolled on the couch, flicking through the available television channels. I had made sure that it was at a low volume, as unlike Mammon, I didn't want to receive a noise complaint. Though, watching the television didn't feel the same as yesterday—I hadn't felt the same thrill or suspense. I hated to say it but, it wasn't the same without Mammon, rather, him screaming what I was thinking at the unhearing characters. I peeked over the couch and at his bedroom door. I could feel the aura of a human, seeping through the thin gaps of his door. I felt them set foot in the apartment an hour ago, but chose to ignore it. It was probably just one of Mammon's friends.

        The sound of heels clacking against the wooden floor could be heard coming down the hall—or at least, they sounded like heels.

        "Well, someone's finally awake," I commented, looking back at the figure. But I was met by a woman with dirty blonde hair, glaring at me, her eyes glistening with tears—I noticed that she had a heart tattoo a few centimetres below her left eye. The woman was half-naked; her bra was unclasped, but thankfully dangled off of her shoulder, and her skirt was on the wrong way. I tore my eyes away from her rapidly as she stormed out of the apartment, slamming the door behind her, possibly to peeve Mammon. The raven-haired's atmosphere was all over her, and not only that, but her aura was tainted. Which meant they- My entire body shuddered as I stared at my lap.

         Mammon came out of his bedroom shortly after, tying the thin strands of his grey sweatpants. They fell slightly as he walked closer, revealing the waistband of his boxers. I screwed up my face at the sight. His torso was slick with sweat, and there were a couple lipstick marks left on his collarbone.

        "Put on a shirt," I hissed, glaring at him as though I was forwarding the woman's glare. The raven-haired shook his head, the corners of his lips rising.

       "Whatcha' watching?"

       I placed a finger on my lip, pursing them at him to signal him to be quiet.

       "A local jewelry store was broken into this morning, leaving one dead and three in critical condition," the news reporter announced as pictures of the damage done were shown on the screen. "Police suspect that this was the doing of the Crimson Fa-"

       Mammon snatched the black remote out of my hand before turning the television off.

       "Hey! I was watching that."

       "Sorry, but I'm tired of hearing that shit. There's somethin' new about that gang every fucking day," he grumbled, rubbing his forehead. "I'm gonna' go out and buy a couple things, anything you need angel?

       "Can I come?"

       He elevated his eyebrows momentarily before grinning, "Sure, you need to get some sun anyway. Just let me take a shower first."

       "How many times must I tell you, I can't tan!" I exclaimed at his well-defined back before turning to the television, joy swirling around in my stomach as he rushed to the bathroom. Finally, I would be able to see what this side of town had to offer, and get some fresh air whilst I was at it. I hated being confined in this apartment. I wasn't exactly used to it, since I stayed primarily outside in Heaven, only coming in when Mikkel would get home. Sometimes, my brother would even get Arlo to impel me to come inside.