Wheels of pain

"Angel...wake up," Mammon whispered, the inspiriting heat from his mouth landing on my scalp.

         My nose brushed against his neck as I shook my head. I wasn't able to get any sleep until now, although it wasn't much. I had found composure in the fact that Mammon would be awake whilst I slept. My core was still nonplussed by that dream. I didn't understand why I had it on the exact day the raven-haired asked me to sleep beside him.

         I needed to apprise Ezekiel about this.

        "Angel. Come on, get up."

       "Adona...go away," I blurted in my half-asleep state, but immediately gawked at him after consuming my words.

       "Adona?" He frowned bemusedly.

       "She'd always wake me up in Heaven. I just thought-"

        Mammon chuckled, "Telling more stories huh?"

        "Always, Adona," I joked as he pecked me on the forehead before removing his arms, and holding himself up.

        "Angel?..." I opened my eyes right after closing them. He seemed to be calling me a lot this morning. "Why the fuck are there...rings around our bed?"

       "Wha-"

        I paused as soon as I shot up from the impression of my body on the sheets; the sight was enough to divert me from the fact that he had said "our bed." There were golden wheels within wheels around the bed, making it look like an old-fashioned carriage—not to mention that it was afloat also. Mammon must have been freaked out, but I was relieved to see that another one of my powers had returned. "It's just one of my powers. I probably activated it by accident."

         My core must have triggered it when I had that...dream.

        "Seriously?" The raven-haired looked over the edge as though it was a balcony, "We're fucking floating too?!"

        I touched one of the rings for it to dwindle, and bring the bed back to the ground, so Mammon would stop being dramatic, "Not anymore."

        "Hell, your powers will be the end of me."

        I laughed before gazing at the outline of an eye appearing on both my wrists. Similar to Ezekiel and his animal spirits, the two eyes were like my pets—but exemplary. They didn't need to be fed, played with, and didn't bother me at all. Hence, exemplary.

       "Well, that's new," Mammon commented, gazing at the black marks. "Maybe I should get them as tattoos."

       I flushed; my face went red so much that he probably thought it was my natural skin colour. I didn't approve of tattoos, but I found his offer winsome.

        "I mean- I think you've tattooed your body enough. But anyway, how'd you sleep?"

        "I slept great actually, no nightmares at all. What about you?"

        I didn't want to make him feel bad by bringing up the dream. He would probably think that he was contagious. "I slept great too."

        "Does that mean you'll sleep here...again?" Mammon questioned as he stood up, shaking his mussed up black hair.

       "Only if you make breakfast again."

        He smirked, "Why, did you like it that much?"

        I nodded proudly at the raven-haired as he bent himself over the bed slightly to retrieve his maroon jumper. Then, something caught my eye.