Thus with a kiss

Sol blew in alright—though, lamented her heart for not striking back. The brunet, orderly only in the moment he had taken her to the car, healed her. It was conflicting. He didn't believe he should ever use these powers again, not after hurting one with them. But mending the girl, it felt right. Was the Lord accepting him back?

Howbeit, that wasn't washed up as silt in his mind, not right now.

Steps slowed on the baked path, as if taking the perpetual heat from the broken building. The apartment. Construction workers in neon, cranes in yellow and fencing steel all the way to the rock wall. It had been demolished, replaced with timber frames and metal poles.

"They still haven't rebuilt it, huh?"

"Yeah..." Luka bit his lip. A sad ending for such a building that gave them a happy beginning.

"Come on," the raven-haired nudged, unlatching the pointed black gate breaking the uneven wall.

An invisible portal they went through, and they came out smiling. Hand in hand, swinging as verdant trees seemed taller around them, apples blooming on some. They had journeyed to every place they went together. Each café—even the one Mammon followed him to. Each restaurant. Nina's shop. And finally, this forest. A strip of land, streams of fresh water, more grass than creatures; intentional, for their love could live uniquely here.

"I've...missed this place." The brunet pressed circles upon his skin.

"Me too. 'Thought about us here more than I should have."

They trekked down the eroded path before helming away, lowering under tangled branches and kissing leaves.

"Y'think you can beat me in a race?"

The throne grinned, "Of course!"

"Alright then. One. Two. Thre-"

Luka started running before he could finish, sticky grass on his new jeans essaying to stop him.

"You fuckin' cheater!"

He guffawed at the words rushing behind him, and he hastened. It had turned to a race getting away from him.

"Get back here!"

"You'll never catch me!"

The throne was moving hell for leather, nearly tumbling onto tree barks, but the sound of gushing water zipped in his ears and he knew he was close. The sun shone on the empty glade. He jumped back to look at his partner, triumphant. "I win!"

"No, you cheated!"

"You wouldn't be able to catch me anyway!"

"I only let you ahead 'cause I'd feel bad takin' away your dream of winning."

"Yeah, right-" Luka spun around, and a gasp belayed him. A familiar indigo blanket, mounds of grass under it yet some flattened with the woven basket. The broad dun tree stood at it, like it was their server for the day. Joy depended in his stomach like light wisteria. "Mammon..."

"You like it? I did it all m'self this time," he confessed, wrapping his arms over his shoulders.

The throne felt teary as they ambled closer. "I love it!...Thank you."

He went to sit down, but the raven-haired stopped him, pulling him up by the hands.

"I've waited too long for this..." Mammon took a breath. "You know when I left that day? To Nan's?"