Door to the past

Dread. Dread. Dread. His ballooning chest fast as he outstared the umber door. He couldn't drive himself to knock, although phlegm brimmed in his body seconds previous. Mammon was beside him, peering at the statuesque throne with levity. This was the very man that had him enamoured—and he would crow it. The raven-haired shook his head, before his knuckles hied to Luka's aid. The couple could hear clattering from inside, steps loud, and then wrapped up neatly with the unlocking of a door.

"Luka!" Marie exclaimed, her body practically bursting out but equally contained.

"Marie, I missed you!" In spite of the apprehension in limbo, the brunet beamed at the sight of her. The selfsame burgundy hair, amber eyes and painted purple nails. Though, something was different. One orb, was duller than the other: the underneath of her eyes and cheeks, were fairly bright, caked.

"So I don' exist anymore?"

The brunette smiled at the demon. "Hi, Mammon!"

"Luka?!" A deep voice hollered from behind, and Marie moved to make path for her brother. Victor hurtled over to the throne, squeezing his body as he lifted him off of the ground.

"H-hey, I missed you- too."

"Victor," Mammon growled, whilst his arms crossed to show the akin anger.

"My bad, man." The demi, man-bunned and his hands still wrapped in bandages, allowed Luka to fall. "Bring it in."

Awkwardly did the two friends hug, as Marie and Luka pottered inside the storage room. He scanned the novel legion of cardboard boxes. "Awh, this makes me miss working here."

"You're welcome to come back! I missed, um, not having you here."

"Yeah, it was really hard leaving you guys." The brunet sighed happily. "Where's Sol?"

"She's upstairs, come on!" She wrested him by the hand, and they bounded up the floating stairs. The brunet was lugged into the apartment, as the smell of hibiscus did to his mind. A glance did he bid to the doors, one ahead and one to the left, before sauntering to the living room—smiling once he saw the lilac wall.

There a whey-faced Sol was, legs crossed on the double bed, a lour, and facing a familiar platinum blond being. A face that sent him back to a scene in a strike of lightning.

Silas.

Imposing concrete doors opened excruciatingly slow, as if even they were ashamed of him. He couldn't believe of his father's behest, and the King's ear to it. How could they do that to him? Surely they did not think that it was of benefit.

The throne strode out within the colonnaded marble hall, his wings kept to his body.

"Luka." He heard the albino say behind him, his voice reverberating. "Are you alright?"

"How could you?..." The brunet pivoted on a heel, and stared at the man at the top of the apparelled red steps. "You knew I loved him, yet you drove him away. Do you not know...what pain you caused me Ezekiel?"

He despised how broken his voice was, how it trembled for a man like him.

"How can you say that?" Ezekiel went down a step whilst eavesdropping winds swung his silver hair. "When you do not know of the pain I have suffered seeing you two?"

"All because, I did not return your feelings?"

"It is not like that."

"Then, tell me!" Luka bellowed. His downy wings flew broad with a loud hiss. "You were supposed to be my friend!"