Ocean eyes

The brunet bided to the ground. His soft hands were consigned to his thighs as  he mused the man thrown down on the stippled floor. Wings were taut and closed behind him, willing the white shawl to provide warmth. They stared at one another. His viridian eyes were ever so tantalising. Was such a mellow feeling inside, fit for a fiend like him? The man put two fingers on the cooling stone, walking them over to his placid body. However, Luka's eyes persisted on his longing face. The man dragged his fingertips along his clad leg—in place of softness, he felt crisp cold.

         "How does it...feel?"

         "Icy." He sat up, scraping hands through his black hair. "I keep thinkin' that he'll feel real the next time I touch him."

         "I never knew Ezekiel could sculpt..." Adona sighed, her head gravitating to the round bench. "But, you're lucky. I never had a statue to cope."

         "It's a blessing an' a curse. I'll...still be able to see his face."

         "When you love someone so much, their face never leaves your mind."

         Mammon took a brief look at her shrouded face. "That scar...why didn't you let it heal?"

         She shrugged her shoulders.

          "It's...the only thing I have to remember him by. After the War, every trace of him was washed away." An orange flame materialised in her hand. Fingers impressed in until it fashioned to a revolving flower with trumpet-shaped blooms. It overlooked the marble, as if a timid child. "Angel's trumpet was his favourite flower. He'd always move the flower so it would be facing up."

         "It's gone now." The fiery trumpet levered up its head before disappearing due to the flick of her hand.

         "One thing that helped me, was writing letters..."

         "I' must've been hard," the raven-haired said. "Luka was respected, anyone can mourn him...but Lucifer-"

         "He went against God. No one can mourn someone like him." Adona brushed her fingers across her chest, ears shuddering.

         He remarked her motion. "Your core, does it hurt?"

         "Not as much, Kallista gave me a potion for it."

         "Kallista?" Dubiety was drafted in to his brows. He knew that name from somewhere.

         "Luka used to love her before he met you...and she wants to meet you."

         "That doesn' sound good. I've already had to deal with crazy exes on Earth..."

         "She's far from crazy. She's...sweet," the blonde expressed. "She's a virtue, and archangel Raphael's favourite."

         "For sure better than me." Mammon reclined against the pillar. "I'm in Heaven...but it doesn' change what I've done."

         "I'll be honest, their deaths still make me angry yet...I can't hold it against you. You're clearly trying to change."

         "It was 'cause of Luka I changed. Now I just...wanna' go back to...Hell."

         Adona recoiled in horror. "Do you even hear yourself? You aren't going back there! Lucifer won't kill Luka, but he without a doubt will kill you."

         "I don't care. I need to try. I need to get him back," he avowed, laving the doubts on his forehead with his palm.

         "This isn't a battle you can fight Mammon. It won't work out however you plan," the blonde retorted before erecting herself, ears spasming and hounding a sound Mammon could but hear. "Someone's coming."