An evil stalks

"Nina even told me about the time you ate her lipstick!" I exclaimed, leaving my words behind for him as we moved up the defiled path.

        "I was fucking eight! And it looked and smelled like fucking cake!" The raven-haired chewed furiously on the chocolate cookies—ironic, due to them being made by the versed hands of Nina. Mammon had pilfered some from her stall, bedecked with string lights and tinsel, at the Christmas market, reborn. In his mind, it was simply pay for assisting to grace her stall.

         "And, she also said that you tried feeding her dog chocolate..."

        "What the shit! I thought it was hungry, damn. How was I supposed to know it can't eat chocolate?!"

        "I'm starting to notice a pattern." I laughed at his petulance, before drawing my hands from their woolly oasis and seizing the brown packet in his hands. "You've had too many mi ocelle! Why not leave some for tomorrow?"

       "Bloody hell, baby. Nan's rubbing on you too damn much."

       I turned back to grimace at him, like the nitid moon did to the alight sun. "You mean...rubbing off on?"

       "Fuck, yeah. I'm the only one who can rub on you."

       The ephemeral red from the setting sky swiftly leaped onto my skin, thick like clouds overhead.

       "Just- shut up, and walk," I muttered as he chuckled gleefully. My hand instinctively coasted to his as they jostled, and I peered up at him. "Thank you...for tonight, Mammon. I really appreciate you bringing me to the market. I know you aren't a big fan going to places..."

       "I'm a fan when it comes to you, angel." The raven-haired grinned. "By the way, I talked to Nan, and she told me that she want us over for Christmas. If you want-"

        "Are you kidding! I'd love that!"

        The day of Christmas was trekking to us, as we did, and I was electrified. I was going to be able to celebrate like the mortals did, with Mammon by my side—albeit, I didn't have a notion about what to get him.

       "I knew you would, angel. You're gonna' love my gi-" A thing like a white crystal landed on his nose, and my eyes went wide. It was snowing! I glanced heavenwards, before the sight of snowflakes enlivened them.

      "Mammon! It's snowing!"

      He laughed heartily as I stuck my tongue out. "You act like you've never seen snow before, angel."

      "I haven't...," I answered, his lips sundering. In Heaven, it never snowed—we only ever had merry sun showers. I had always been told of the disparate weather on the planets, like how it would pour diamonds on Saturn.

      Little snowflakes were stolen by his hair from my poor tongue. "This is your first time experiencing snow?!"

      "Yes! And, with the person I love too." My arms scarfed around Mammon, snow breaking from the fluffy clouds of Heaven, and finding refuge on our heads—some on my face, but I didn't mind.

      "I'm glad you get to experience it with me, angel." The raven-haired pecked my cold forehead. "You know...Sorra always said that couples who experience first snowfall, they'll be together forever."

       "Do you believe it?" I gazed at him, smiling.

       "Yeah. I think we'll be together." Mammon, with his fingers, upraised my chin before kissing me on the lips. "Forever."

       Though we were living in cold, that warm moment repeated in my mind as we bounded up the steps, like the bliss in my stomach. It made me melt, knowing that the raven-haired desired to be with me for our allotted span. I inched to the metal railings, so he could open the door. And I, felt the same.