Questions & strawberries

The howling wind and battering rain outside drudged together amiably to make the raven-haired even more sulky than he already was.

       "Mammon, it's not a big deal. We could always have a bonfire another time," I comforted as I let the plate of chocolate covered strawberries and fudgy mocha brownies rest on the glass table.

       "Yeah, I know but still! 'Spent all night collecting firewood for it." He threw some potato chips from the turquoise packet into his mouth, and chomped on them. "Just for it to fuckin' rain! Can't you tell your God to stop it?!"

      "It doesn't work like that Mammon."

       I sauntered over to granite counter near the fridge, twisting the microwave timer to make certain that the hot chocolate didn't brim over. I had decided to create different desserts to palliate his infuriation, but I was starting to think that I had made too much. I retracted the white cup, and used a small teaspoon to whirl away the froth napping on top. If we were humans, we would have had a disease by now.

       Mammon crunched the poor packet into a recoiling ball, "I had this entire fucking day planned out! We were supposed to have a good time."

       "And we can still have a good time," I answered as I sat on the two-seater couch and handed him the striped cup carefully. "It doesn't matter where we are. As long as we're together, I know we'll have a good time."

       The wind bellowed at the apartment walls, perhaps to spoliate my statement of any ease.

      "Guess you're right." The raven-haired sighed—the exhaled air cooling the hot chocolate—before kissing me, "You're amazing, you know tha'?"

       "Yes, I know I am." I pecked him on the lips before pulling the fuzzy blanket over our lower halves. "What do you want to do?"

       He took a swig of the drink, and then set it down on the rectangular table, exchanging it for the plate of bedizened strawberries. "You."

      "What?"

      "I mean, I wanna' do somethin' with you."

      "Like what?" Mammon shrugged as his front teeth sunk into the chocolate chip wrapped strawberry, like a sharpened knife. I hadn't realised before, but a lot of his demonic attributes were making themselves prey to intuitive ones, "Your teeth are scarily sharp, you know that Mammon?"

      "Want me to bite you? You into that?"

       I vigorously shook my head as the flowering blush spoke something else. "It's just...I've noticed that a lot of your demonic traits are slowly coming back."

       The raven-haired's eyes widened as if with an epiphany. He suddenly drew up his teal shirt, leaving one side covered, and the other exposed, and presented to me the black mark on his side—the same side that had those scars. "What...is that?"

       "A demon marking, I'm guessing. It isn't the same as my old ones though."

      The curved mark sort of looked like an axe stretched out of place, or a serpent standing upright. "Can I...touch it?"

       Mammon smirked, "You sure this ain't an excuse just so you can touch me, huh angel?"

      Because of him, I had a red mark all over my cheeks. "I'm joking angel, go ahead."

Although irresolute, I rubbed the black marking with my fingers, but winced as a burning sensation traversed my fingers, "It burns..."

"Then, don't keep touching it!" the raven-haired exclaimed, tugging my hand away and then, kissing my warm fingertips. "All demon markings are supposed to burn."