Uneven Ground

Third Person's Pov

Jimin had been a roommate/best friend of Jin long enough to understand that whenever Jin said 'I'm fine' with a smile as fake as a politician's promise, something was wrong.

"Are you sure you're fine? You know you can tell me anything right?" Jimin asked Jin with concern pooling his eyes. Jin nodded and replied the same answer with the tiny voice he had used 15 minutes before.

"Don't pester him, Chim. He'll open up to you eventually." Yoongi quietly leaned and whispered into his boyfriend's ear. Jimin huffed but nodded in understanding nonetheless. "Uh, Taehyung." Jimin spoke popping the bubble the said man had created around himself, "Why don't you join us?"

Taehyung hesitated and glanced at Jin, fidgeting his fingers while keeping his head held trained down. In short, he looked uncomfortable as fuck at the idea of Taehyung joining them. He swallowed the lump nudging the back of his throat and looked back at Jimin, "Sorry Jimin but Jungkook has planned sort of a surprise date and if I  come with you guys then it'll break his heart...so next time maybe!" And with that he dragged his luggage and bee-lined towards the exit.

"Well, I guess it's just us 3 now." 

"Yeah just us 3..." Jin mumbled and turned away to arrange his luggage. 

-----

"Why don't we go to Mama P's restaurant? Been a while since I last went there. My treat." Yoongi offered, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel while they waited at the red light. He peeked a glance at the male seated on the back seat still looking as gloomy as ever. Jimin noticed his attempt of lightening the damp atmosphere of the car and quickly joined the conversation.

"Yeah, we should Yoongs! After all, she's always so sweet to us and that restaurant is also Jin's favorite one, isn't it?" Jin gave Jimin a weak smile, "That'd be great. Thanks guys." and went into gazing aimlessly from the car window. Jimin sighed.

Yoongi cleared his throat and revved up the car's engine as the traffic light jumped from red to green.

Things did seem a bit better when Jin happily dug in his favorite food from the restaurant eating one mouthful after the other. He was almost acting like the normal cheery Jin they both were accustomed to. They didn't talk much about Jin's trip cause the thing that upset him was clearly related to his stay in Amsterdam. 

"Do you guys want to order anything else?" Yoongi asked leaning against his chair a satisfied smile plastered on his lips. Jimin sighed contended and shook his head as a 'no'.

Jin looked up from where he was sipping his drink with a straw lazily. "Nah I don't think so. Thanks for the treat though Min."

Yoongi shrugged. "Anytime."

"Should we head home now?" Jimin asked while Yoongi called for the waiter. Jin hummed stretching his arms, "Yes please I'm tired and jet-lagged as fuck."

Jimin chuckled, "I reckoned you would be. Let's go."

Soon they strapped back in their ride as they headed straight for home. The atmosphere of the car was much much lighter now that Jin joined them in singing random songs that blasted on the radio and fortunately seemed to have slipped out of his gloomy trance.

"Hey, Jin? You once message me about you owning some squirrels? I don't see them with you?" Jimin said turning to look back at the other. Yoongi whistled lowly, "Pet squirrels? That seems cool." 

Jin chuckled, "Yeah they are cool and cute as fuck! Unfortunately animals aren't allowed on the flight so Soobin offered to fly them back to me in his private plane."