Of All Baking and Blushing

Third Person's Pov

'1...2...3...4' The stone dribbled on the still surface of the Han river before it drowned and joined the other stones in their sunken misery. Taehyung frowned slightly.

"Why are they all drowning after 4 dribbles? 4 is supposed to be my lucky number." He took a deep breath and tried again, "1..2..3..4 ugh dammit!" Taehyung sighed and sat on a big boulder beside him. His luggage lay nestled on the soft grass a little farther away.

It was getting late. He should head back to his apartment. His stomach growled in anger reminding him how hungry and tired he was. Yet he couldn't bring it in himself to just head back. 

As childish as it may sound, he wanted someone to come for him or specifically a doe-eyed brunette with plump lips and eyes in the shade of smooth mahogany. The mere thought of that person made his insides go grim with grief.

He sure fucked up bad with the person he had come to like.

He chuckled bitterly reminiscing the uneasy look on Jin's face. And that shit hurts bad especially when you're the reason for it.

He knew it was hopeless waiting for the other, now that almost half the day had already passed. Somewhere in his heart, he knew it was bad for him to wait for the other cause afterall Jin would also be as worn out as Taehyung.

But still maybe-

"For how much longer are you just gonna sit there?" Taehyung whipped his head behind, startled to hear the sudden voice. And boy was he disappointed.

"I wasn't expecting you."

"Oh, I can tell, seeing the delighted and excited expression on your face." Jungkook chuckled dryly then sat on another boulder adjacent to Taehyung's. Taehyung rolled his eyes and faced away from the other.

"What do you want?" He snapped at the other.

"Easy there tiger. If you haven't noticed it's almost sunset and I was worried about you." Taehyung turned to look at him.

"Could've just messaged then-"

"Have you even checked your phone since you got off the plane?" Seeing Taehyung's blank expression Jungkook added, "Exactly."

"You might want to call back your parents, they have some special announcement to make." Jungkook continued as Taehyung scrolled at the pile of notifications flooding his phone.

"Why don't you tell me this 'special announcement'? I'm sure you already know because you're their new favorite now after all."

Jungkook chuckled, "You are really salty about something, aren't you? And it's turning you all petty. But on a serious note make sure to call back your parents, they've been worried sick for you as well."

"Yeah, you're right." Taehyung looked up at the other, "I'm sorry. I guess I was being an ass."

"An 'I love you' would be nice, wouldn't it?"

"Don't get too ahead of yourself."

"Whaaat? You were having no problem saying it on the phone call earlier." Jungkook teased making Taehyung grimace.

"That was because you put the stupid call on speaker when my parents were there." 

"Ouch." Jungkook muttered.

"Reality is often disappointing." Taehyung sighed out and thumped Jungkook on his back "You'll get over it." Jungkook swatted his hand away.

"Did you uh- see Jin while on your way here by any chance?" Taehyung asked as they got up to leave. If he didn't find the muddy path so interesting all of a sudden, he might have seen how Jungkook clenched his jaw and looked away before muttering, "No."
"O-oh"