Part 4 - Unwrapping your heart

"Anokhi! C'mon try, you can do it"

Director Surve was impatient as hell. One shot was taking them so much time, as Anokhi seemed to not get it at all. It was a dramatic sequence where she had to slap her business rival right across the face for misbehaving with her. But she was unable to do that even after 12 takes. Her expression was too soft, and she was just too shy.

"Break please!" Surve tried out at last, "Let's try after the break."

The indoor shoors had started. They were to leave for Paris next week. But Anokhi, though trained, was unable to meet the set expectations.

Surve was heard speaking to someone, "Ye SS ki wajese hum kabhi ye film complete hi nhi kar payenge. Is ladki ko kya dekh ke chuna? Na bolna ata hai na chalna. Agar irada wahi tha to side role mein le lete. Main character dene ki kya zaroorat thi?"

Anokhi heard it all. Tears welled up in her eyes. She felt worthless. Suddenly a hand tugged her by the waist. She was too shocked to move and crushed into someone. Aditya Kanwar. He held her tightly and lowered his face to whisper into her ears, "You look so pretty today Anokhi. I couldn't even look away. You know why you got the role right? You are here so that SS and I can share you, taking turns. We are buddies, you know right?" His hands slid into her topwear, and Anokhi gasped, instantly raising her left hand and slapping him right across his cheek.

"How dare you!" She hissed, blowing fire through her eyes, "How dare you touch me without my permission? Do I look like a slut to you all? I am here to work, you hear me? And if my work doesn't matter, I don't need to be here at all."

She was about to say something more when Aditya raised his voice, "Surve Ji, what do you think? Isn't she just the thing?"

A sound of applause and Anokhi turned around. Surve and all the other ADs were lauding her, whistling and laughing.

"Perfect! Perfect Anokhi. Please, you just have to do it once again, so that we can wrap up for the day."

Anokhi looked back at Aditya's grinning face. He touched the red mark on his cheek and made a sad face. Then he smiled and winked at her.

Anokhi smiled back, tears glistening in her eyes. She murmered, "Thank you. And sorry" She pointed to his cheek.

"You're most welcome fiesty lady. I am used to such slaps, don't worry about me. Bohot zyaada badtameez hu na."

His grinning face gave Anokhi a certain confidence. She knew at once that the person standing in front of him is one with a golden heart. He would never harm her.

After pack up, Anokhi was heading homewards when a platinum shaded Mercedes Benz screeched to a halt beside her. The windows rolled down, and a familiar face smiled at her. She smiled back, feeling butterflies in her stomach again.

He wore an ocean green formal shirt with navy blue trousers. It seemed that he had just had a shower, his hair seemed moist, and that characteristic musky essence was more intense and powerful.

"Hello Anokhi!" He exclaimed in his usual deep yet cheerful voice.

She didn't meet him after the party. Not that she didn't want to, but the producer doesn't come to the shoot every day. So she didn't get the chance. But, surprisingly, she was happy to see him.

"Hello Sir!" She replied cordially.

"Going home?"

"Haan Sir, packing bhi karni hai. I need to carry my basic necessities."

"Arrey par kyu? Talk to your designers. They will arrange for something."

Anokhi paused for a moment before replying, "No sir, kuch cheezein main apna personal hi carry karti hu."