Part 8 - Lucky, yes, happy? No idea

Mature 18+
Read at your discretion

As Shaurya watched the tiny, curled up figure sleeping beside him, his lips curved into a smile.

"She's just a child!" He thought, "Naive, sensitive, overly emotional, disobedient, erratic and a lil moody. Ever trait describes how childlike she is."

Leaning over, he kissed her on the forehead. She mumbled something inaudible but didn't wake up. Instead, she snuggled closer to him. These days, she had grown a habit of sleeping with him. Not 'sleeping' sleeping, but sharing the same bed. As if she was slightly scared of something. Sometimes, she talked gibberish in her sleep. Shaurya could understand that she was scared of something in her past, probably. Whenever she was in such a state, he would put his arms around her and gently stroke her head. And she would be quiet in a while.

Shaurya had no idea about this side of his character that this girl, Anokhi, had unfolded. Previously he would be a little irritated when she would stop him midway, making him control all his urges and withdraw instantly. But now, he was used to it. And surprisingly, it didn't irritate him. He had started caring about her more than he should. More than he could handle. He knew that if he didn't put a check on this, both of them would suffer. More than him, Anokhi would be in pain. Because he was not the kind of girl to accept his lifestyle. He was not sure if he could spend his entire life with one person. Hell, he didn't even spend too long with his own family. He was a wanderer and he loved to explore, be it places or people. It was the very reason why Lucia left him. At first he thought that he was in love with her, but soon found out that it was an illusion. He started getting irritable and unpleasant, quarelling every day over little things, as he felt kinda trapped. No woman would take that much ignorance.

To be honest, Shaurya didn't believe that he was made for love or whatever that was. He didn't even know that properly, never felt it that way.

But with Anokhi, it was different. It wasn't love but there was something that bound him to her. Was it her innocent surrender? Her trust or dependence on him? Did it somewhere boost his masculine ego? No! It was something like an addiction. Like you can't stay without something for long. It can be irrational, even dangerous at times, but then, you just can't.

Shaurya played with strand of her silky long hair. He loved to watch her sleep. Sometimes, he would touch her while sleeping, and her subtle responses would blow his mind. Like now, he brushed his finger over her lips, her chin and cupped her face with one hand. She moved a bit, trying to shove his hand away. He withdrew, sensing her discomfort. After thinking for a while, he carefully pushed his hand under her loose Tee and rested it on her chest, trying to feel her heartbeat. He could feel the tiny erection under his palm through her laced undergarment. One second, two, three, four, five seconds, and Anokhi opened her eyes. Shaurya could feel her racing heart under his palm as her sleepy eyes met his dark ones. She stared at him for some time and then tried to sit up. It was then that he removed his hand.

"Kya hua?" His voice was deep and hoarse.

"Aap kya kar rahe the?" Anokhi looked at him questioningly.

"Batana zaroori hai?" He smiled.

"Haan. Kyunki.... Ye jo aap kar rahe the, its wrong. I was sleeping...."

"Wrong? Maybe. But you know what Anokhi?" He leaned towards her and whispered into her ears, "I don't fu****g care..."

Anokhi shivered a little as his lips touched her earlobe. She moved away, creating some distance between them.

"Nahi.....aapko ye nahi karna chahiye..I am not comfortable with it..."

"But why Anokhi? Tumhi ne to kahan tha mujhse that you want me. So what's wrong if I want you too? It's normal..."