Part 12 - Untangling bonds

Hello Dear readers,

Itne bare bare chapters de rahi hu, thode bade bade comments mil sakte hai kya? 😉 Like what you liked, what you didn't like. What you want in the next chap, etc.?

______________________

Present Day

Aditya consoled Anokhi, who seemed devastated by the truth. 

“Yaar, you have to be strong. Whatever is gone is gone. Let it done with. You have to think about the future. Your future.”

Anokhi controlled herself, “I AM strong, Aditya, I am strong. It is just that I can’t believe that he can let go of me, our relationship so easily. How can he be such a coward?”

Aditya shook his head, “He is not a coward. We are not ideal people here. And the world is not ideal as well. We have to work according to our situation. Do you even understand his situation? He is one of those people who has never even tasted poverty in his entire life. How can he stay sane in such a situation? Sweetheart, without money, which is a basic necessity of life, you cannot keep anyone happy. And it is not about being rich or poor. He watched his dream crash in front of his eyes. He tried hard to make his family consider his situation but they didn’t. Shaurya is not an idealist man, as you may know by now. Yes, he tries to do things the right way, but when he fails, he can’t stay calm.”

Anokhi wiped her tears, “In that case, Aditya, I am happy to be with someone, who at least values me more than money; who doesn’t treat me like some commodity that he can/can’t afford. I am happy that I made the right choice to marry you.”

Aditya smiled and put his hand across his chest, “Thank you for the compliment. But Anokhi, you are again wrong. You won’t understand it now. But some day, you will realize the value of his sacrifice. You are a rising star, Anokhi. It is quite natural that he will want you to get the best in life. Shaurya knows that you don’t need anybody to back you up. You are self-sufficient. But he also doesn’t want to drag you down with him.”

Anokhi was headstrong. She didn’t understand. All she could think of was Shaurya’s cowardice and the lies that he told her, that he didn’t love her anymore. So that she was forced to leave him. As Aditya put his arms around her, she surrendered to his warmth and generosity. At least, she was marrying her friend, a friend who would never leave her side, no matter what. 

Meanwhile, Shaurya was talking to his manager, who informed him about the bank’s decision to seize his apartment and his car. Shaurya has bought this apartment after selling his property, the Saberwal mansion 17 months ago. As he moved around the 2400 sq feet apartment in Andheri, memories started flooding in. 

The past

“Anokhi, are you sure you are ready for this?”

Shaurya raised his brow, as he watched Anokhi dragging her things to the back of his car. 

“Yes, Main sure hoon.” Was her short reply. 

He had asked her to move in with him as he bought the new apartment. And she had agreed at once. The promotions of their movie were about to begin in a few days, and Shaurya was unsure if the decision would spark rumors and affect her reputation. But he couldn’t help ask her to move in, as he missed her terribly, which was quite surprising for him too. 

Anokhi noticed the hesitance in his voice and smiled warmly at him. 

“Mr. Saberwal, I don’t care what people say as long as you are there to guide me, help me go through this phase smoothly. Mujhe nahi parwah duniya ki. Lekin agar aapko problem ho, to aap fir se soch lijiye. Aapne already mere liye bohot kuch kiya hai. Mrinal jail mein hai, sirf aapki wajese. Main aapse kuch nhi mangti. Whatever you have done is more than enough of what I ever expected someone will do for me.”