Part 23 - I Love Him

"Anokhi you didn't have to come, trust me", said the director, "You have your wedding in a week. C'mon! Kaam to chalta rahega."

Anokhi nodded her head, "Nhi Sir. Kaam ko leke koi compromise nhi. Dubbing aaj hona tha to aaj hi hoga."

"This is what I like about you," The director placed his hand on her head lovingly, "It's rare to see such professional people around here."

Anokhi smiled. She didn't know if she was worthy of the compliment, as professionalism was not the only reason she was there that day. She wanted to get out of the festive ambiance and divert her mind a little. She felt quite uncomfortable. And it surprised her.

"Areh Sir, aap?" The director's changed tone made Anokhi turn. Shaurya was standing behind them, hands in his pockets. He had a stone-cold expression on his face.

"Aap bhi aaj yahan hai? Good. Main abhi abhi iss ladki se keh raha tha ki usko apni shaadi ka functions chodke idhar aane ki koi zaroorat nhi thi. Hum dubbing baad mein bhi kar sakte the. Hain na?"

Shaurya walked towards them in slow, careful strides.

"Good morning", he looked at Anokhi and smiled, "Sahi to keh rahe hai. Tum yahan kya kar rahi ho Anokhi? You should be at home now, enjoying the celebrations."

Anokhi opened her mouth to say something but Shaurya raised his hand, "Aab tum aa hi gayi ho to jald se jald apna kaam khatam kar lo and go home. Your wedding is more important."

With that, he walked away, leaving Anokhi stunned.

"Dekha? Sir bhi yehi keh rahe hai. Chalo Anokhi dubbing wagera complete karke ghar jao apni."

Anokhi didn't reply. She kept staring at the retreating figure of Shaurya.

"Anokhi? Kya hua?" The director snapped his fingers in front of her.

"Huh? I'm sorry sir. Chaliye." She controlled herself and followed the director into the dubbing room, quietly.

It took her 3 hours to complete her work. When she came outside, it was already lunch time. She wasn't hungry. She looked around for some time and then made up her mind. Shedding her fears and hesitance, she went up to Shaurya's cabin and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" He said from inside.

She pushed the door a little and peeped in. There he was, looking unbelievably calm, as he typed on his lappy.

"Mujhe aapse baat karni hai.."

Shaurya looked up once and then glanced back to the laptop screen, "Udhar kyun khadi ho? Andar aa jao."

Anokhi tiptoed inside, her each step revealing how nervous she was. Shaurya put the lappy aside and looked straight into her eyes, "Bolo Anokhi.."

"Woh....kya tha bahar?"

Shaurya raised his brow, "Kya?"

Anokhi gulped, "Woh aap....aap meri shaadi ke bare mein.....baat kar rahe the....?"

"Haan to maine galat kya kahan? Tumhe abhi ghar pe hona chahiye na? Apne dost, apne logon ke sath.."

Anokhi took another step ahead, "Aap yeh kyun kar rahe?"

Shaurya shrugged, "Aab kya kiya maine?"

"Aap....aapko....." Anokhi tried to find the right words.

Shaurya leaned in, "Mujhe kya Anokhi? Kya kehne ki koshish kar rahi ho tum?"

"Aapko koi fark nahi padhta meri shaadi se?" She blurted out.

"Mujhe? Mujhe kyun fark padega? Tumhari shaadi hai. Tumhe fark padhna chahiye. Am I right?" Shaurya's non-chalant attitude was getting unbearable for Anokhi.