Part 17 - You Are Mine

"Mr. Saberwal", Alena, Denis' secretary sounded impatient on the phone, "Some Miss Chopra is here to meet you. I told her that you are in an important meeting but she seems adamant."

Miss Chopra? The name did not ring any bell. Shaurya glanced at Aastha and Denis and all others at the conference table, "Can you please excuse me for a while?"

"Sure!" Mr. Denis didn't seem disappointed, "We have already wrapped up. You please take your time while I will discuss the necessities with the others here."

"Thank you" Shaurya smiled. He felt good. His investment proposal had been accepted and the Denis' were quite excited about his ideas, not to mention, they were ready to invest in his new project, just like Aastha promised.

He whistled leisurely as he pushed the elevator button. Alena had informed him that the person was waiting for him in the guest's cabin on the second floor. As he knocked on the door and went inside, his face gleamed in both shock and surprise.

"Shagun?" Shaurya exclaimed.

Shagun grinned on seeing him and threw her arms around his neck.

"Hii Shaurya. So good to see you here."

Shaurya hugged her back but a frown appeared on his face. He did his best to hide it.

"Hii.. how...how are you?"

"Never been better Shaurya. I am just so happy to see you."

"But...I don't understand. How did you know that I was here?"

"Tej papa informed me of course." Shagun tried to sound cheerful, "When he told me that you are here to visit your mom, I made up my mind that I just had to see you. It has been so long. Years, almost. Right?"

"Right" Shaurya understood the game at once. His jaws hardened. He knew immediately that his family kept a track of his activities, no matter where he was.

"What happened Shaurya? Aren't you happy to see me?"

Shaurya released himself from her embrace and looked straight into her eyes, "Why are you even here Shagun? Did you really want to see me or there is something else in your mind?"

Shagun took a step back and sighed, "Well, I know where this is coming from. Well. Let me be honest. Tej papa indeed wants us to meet and get to know each other. But I am not into all that arranged dating stuff. I really wanted to see an old friend. That's it. So, don't worry. I am not here to plead with you to marry me for God's sake. Do you....are you free right now? We can get some coffee and chat. What say?"

Shaurya eyed her for sometime. He couldn't understand if she was lying or genuinely wanted to just spend some good time with him. Confused, he nodded, "Okay. If you have come this far, I think I too need to tell you something. Let's have that coffee."

Shagun laughed, "Cool then. Let's gooo"

She slipped her arms into his and almost pulled him out of the building towards a nearby cafe.

__________________

Meanwhile, Aditya drove Anokhi to her new home that she had rented recently after a meeting with their new production team. On reaching the place, he asked her to go upstairs, while he would follow after some minutes. Anokhi nodded as she had something to discuss with him about Shaurya's phone call the last night. Tired and drained of energy, she took the elevator even if it was only the third floor. As she unlocked the door and pushed it, she was suddenly blinded by the bright lights and shouts of "Congratulations Anokhi" shocked her.
It took some time for her to adjust to the lights and then a big smile appeared on her lips..