Part 21 - I am Scared

Sorry for the late update guys! Was tied up pretty bad. But please please don’t forget to put in your usual “Long” analyses. The comments boost me, as always…

________________

It was the day when Shaurya was finally coming to the set after getting released from the hospital. The shoot had been going on for some time, without him, that is. He was at home, resting and recovering under the care of his mother and the rest of the family. Although the Saberwals did not want Aastha to be anywhere near him, they had to succumb to his demands, as he insisted on her staying. But Shaurya was eager to return to the set as fast as he could. His heart craved to see Anokhi, who he had not seen since that evening in the hospital. She texted a few times though. Mere formalities, like how he was doing and etc. It didn’t work to reduce the longing in his heart. Not seeing her around him was a torture in itself. So, he was waiting for that day when the doctor finally said, “Yeah, you look better. The scars on your face and neck will take some more time, but they will dissipate eventually.”

“So, does that mean I can get back to the set doc?” He asked, eyebrows raised in anticipation. 

The doctor smiled at him, “You are the producer Shaurya. You need not visit the set every day.”

Shaurya swallowed, “Yeah…well.. that’s true. But I just want to get out of this fu**ing bed. And the sets are the only place I find peace and happiness.”

Aastha, who was standing nearby, suppressed a smile. She knew her son all too well to understand what he was longing for. But Devi Saberwal, who was sitting on the couch, frowned. But she dared not say anything les Shaurya asked them to leave and go back to Paris. 

“Okay, you can go. But yeah. No exertion on your wounds, especially the one on your chest is pretty deep. You promise? And you won’t visit the sets every day. You still need more rest.”

“Fu** rest!” Shaurya muttered under his breath. 

“What did you just say?” The doctor raised his brow. 

“No, no I just meant…well..nothing. Thank you doc.”

So that’s how Shaurya returned to the sets, for a day, which he planned to extend. 

Anokhi walked into the set, followed by Aditya and found everyone scurrying and shouting, as if they were busier than usual. Yes, Aditya used to see her off every day since the accident and sometimes, spent time with her on the sets. Everyone knew that he was her fioncee, so that never became a problem. In fact, his cool demeanour was liked by everyone and he was a favorite sight on the sets. 

Anokhi approached a spot boy, Raghu, who was busy adjusting a light. 

“Raghu, kya baat hai, sab aaj itne bhaga dauri kyun kar rahe?”

Raghu looked at her for a instant and then turned back to his work, “Woh didi aaj Shaurya sir aa rahe hai sets par.”

The very utterance of his name sent shivers down her spine. And what’s worse? Aditya notice how her face changed. He frowned, “Anokhi, do you want me to stay?”

She thought for a while, “Y..yes…” It is all she could say. 

Aditya put his hand on her shoulder, “I will be here. Don’t worry.”

After about 2 hours or so, Shaurya’s newly acquired BMW was seen entering the porch, sending everyone on their feet. They were ready to welcome with with flowers and stuff. After all, he just happened to came from hell. Anokhi rose up too, quite involuntarily. But she was having her food, so Aditya pulled her by the hand, making her sit down again.