Part 22 - Are you happy?

Sorry sorry really sorry for the late update. I was so tied up with so many stuff at home. Anyways, will try to be regular from now on. You please keep the loooong comments and analyses coming. Already I am really stressed about a lot of stuff. So, it will motivate a lot. 

….…………………………………………………………….

Anokhi was trying to put on her best behaviour in front of her to be in-laws, who were showering her with jewels, outfits and all fancy stuff. She bore a grateful smile on her face, while Reema eyed her suspiciously. To her, Anokhi looked a bit lost. When she excused herself to go to the restroom, Reema followed her. 

“Anokhi, baat sun meri?”

She turned, “Haan bol?”

Reema out her hands on her shoulders and made her look in her eyes, “Tu khush to hai na?”

Anokhi tried to smile joyously, “Arey? Ye kaisa sawal hai? Meri shaadi hai, main khush kaise nahi rahungi?”

Reema nodded her head, “Pata nahi mujhe aisa kyun lag raha hai ki tu dil se khush nahi hai, bas khush hone ka dikhawa kar rahi hai.”

Anokhi looked at her for sometime before saying, “Tu koi cliched bollywood movie dekh ke aayi hai kya?”

“Baat ko palat mat. I know you really well, aur ye baat tu hamesha bhul jati hai. Sach bata, kya tu is rishte se khush hai?”

Anokhi shoved Reema’s hands away, “Tu jaa, main aati hu thodi der main. Ye sab bakwas baatein mere dimag mein mat ghusa tu.”

Reema sighed. Sghe knew that her best friend was a tough nut to crack. Yet, she couldn’t explain why she felt what she felt. But the feeling was quite strong. Anokhi was NOT happy. 

On her way back, she met Aditya. He smiled at her and asked, “Arey Reema, woh mehndi ka joda tumhare kamre mein rakhi hai na? Mummy mang rahi thi….Arey kya hua?”

He noticed the gloom on her face and repeated the question, “Tum udas kyu lag rahi ho? Kuch problem hai?”

Reema nodded her head. How could she tell him? She wasn’t even sure if she was right. It could break his heart. But Aditya was not one to ignore things that easily. 

“Anokhi….Anokhi ne kuch kahan kya tumse?” He looked her in the eye. 

This time, Reema couldn’t lie on his face. 

“Yaar, I don’t know if I am right. Please don’t take it to your heart. Okay?” She pleaded with him. 

Aditya felt beads of sweat on his forehead, “Kya baat hai khulke kaho Reema. What is troubling you?”

“Woh Jeejz, mujhe nahi lagta Anokhi khush hai is rishte se. Main usko bohot pehle se janti hu. Years we have spent together. I know when she is dil se happy. And I don’t think…..”

“Arey Reema!” Aditya cut her in between, “Tum khamkha pareshan ho rahi ho. Abhi uski shaadi hai 2 weeks mein. Upar se uski movie ka shoot bhi khatam nahi hua hai. She is just anxious yaar. Tum pareshan mat ho. I will talk to Anokhi.”

With that, he patted Reema on her shoulders and left, while the latter stood there sulking. Somehow, she was not convinced. 

On coming back, Aditya clenched his fingers, as Reema’s words rang in his ears, “Mujhe nahi lagta Anokhi khush hai is rishte se….” He wiped his forehead with a napkin and threw it away. He felt nervous and frustrated. He couldn’t share it with Reema, as it may show him weak and inconfident of his love. He was totally confident that Anokhi was happy with him, his family and this wedding. Was he wrong? Did she still love Shaurya?