Part 19 - Devastated

Thank you so much for analysing this story to such great depths. It is these discussions, analyses and comments that boosts me to write longer and faster updates. I feel that I am creating something worthwhile, something that makes people think. That’s all I want to achieve from these stories that I write. So please keep those intellectual comments coming. I just love them! 

🔥🔥😘🤩😍

___________________________

“No Anokhi, you are not going to do this.” Aditya shook his head vigorously, “Tumhe kisiko kuch bhi prove karne ki zaroorat nahi hai. I believe you. And that scoundrel Shaurya, usko to main chodunga nahi. Samajhta kya hai apne aapko? Bhagwan hai sabka? Jo man chahe karega, jise chahe use karega…Main use samhal lunga. Aur compensation bhi bhar dunga. Rakhe woh apne paise apne paas. Tumhe kuch karne ki zarorrat nahi hai, Anokhi.”

Anokhi nodded her head sideways, “Nahi. Aditya. Ye main kisiko kuch prove karne ke liye nahi kar rahi. Ye main apne aap ke liye kar rahi hu. Mujhe apne professional aur personal life ko alag rakhna sikhna hoga. Haan this is true that they have deceived us. But I will take it as a challenge. At the end of everything, after my 25 days of shoot, I will get ready for my wedding, with you.” She smiled at him, “And it will be the best answer to Mr. Shaurya Saberwal. Warna unko ye hamesha lagega that I didn’t do the movie because I was scared of him and his influences.”

“Thik hai,” Aditya resigned, “Jo tumhe thik lage, woh tum karo. Mujhe bas tumhari fikar hai. You are still not well. I have seen you in the worst state, and woh main kabhi nahi bhul sakta. I am just worried about you.” He placed a quick kiss on her forehead. Anokhi got a little surprised and moved away, to Aditya’s disappointment. He looked at her for sometime and asked, “Anokhi….are you…do you feel uncomfortable with this? Tell me, I won’t do this mistake then.”

Anokhi shut her eyes for a few seconds before opening them again and saying, “Nothing, just….I….I had never been good with physical proximity, because….because of my past. It was only…..only…with……anyways……just….I think I just need some time.”

Aditya smiled at her innocent attempts to be honest, as far as she could. He stroked her hair playfully and said, “It’s okay Anokhi, you can have all the time in the world. I just love you for the way you are. And I am ready to make you mine, despite everything. When you accepted my proposal, I couldn’t believe my luck. I just couldn’t. But I knew that you will always be sincere with me. So, that’s okay.”

Anokhi remembered that night pretty well. 

8 months ago

Anokhi walked aimlessly on the streets, no idea where she was heading. It was past midnight, and she had come out silently without informing Aditya. She didn’t know where to go but her plan was clear. She didn’t want to live anymore. She couldn’t forget the way Shaurya dejected her, throwing her away from his life, just because…just because she didn’t attract him anymore. His words rang in her ears, as she walked along the empty streets. 

“I am bored of you Anokhi. I am literally bored of your childish tantrums. You are a big star now. You have done 2 feature films, 2 successful movies, but look at the way you carry yourself in public! You embarrass me sometimes. Tonight you were banging the table like a guy, while laughing. What do you think other people will take you as? This attitude, if you don’t change it, it will harm your professional career too.”

Anokhi was stunned by his unexpected outburst. Weren’t it these things that he liked in the first place?

“I don’t think so much, Mr. Saberwal. I just do what my heart desires. And….I thought you liked me that way….I just thought you admire my transparency and honestly more than any superficial glamour.”