Part 18 - Unexpected Revelations

Bade bade discussion wale comments mil sakte hai please?I love to discuss the story with you ppl 🥺

__________________

3 weeks later

Anokhi was out shopping with Reema, when Aditya called. 

“Hello, Anokhi kahan ho tum?”

“Bahar ayi hu. Woh Reema zabardasti leke aa gayi shopping karwane. Yehi hu, Andheri ke aas paas.”

“Tum ek kaam karo. Main aa raha hu tumhe pickup karne, apna location forward karo mujhe.”

“Kyu?Any problem?”

“Nahi, problem nahi hai. Ek naya project hai. Usiko discuss karna hai, Finegrass Engtertainment ke saath.”

“Finegrass Entertainment? Wohi jisne last week hume script bheji thi? Par unhone to fir koi call nahi kiya?”

“Haan kyunki unlogo ne hume reject kar di thi. Par aab they have suddenly changed their minds. Woh log tumhe sign karna chahte hai is movie ke liye.”

“Kya baat kar rahe ho Aditya? Sacchi?” Anokhi was excited as hell.

“Haan. Unse milna hoga abhi. Contract sign karne ke liye bohot jaldbaazi kar rahe hai wo log. Maine unse kahan bhi ki one and a half months ke baad humari wedding hai. But they will find someone else. That’s what I fear the most. Personal reasons ki wajese professional career suffer nahi karni chahiye na? Aur ye tumhare liye bohot achi mauka hai…”

“Tumne bilkul sahi kiya Aditya. Finegrass Entertainment. Wow! I can’t even imagine.”

“Yes, isiliye bol raha hu ki unki office mein jana hai. Abhi. Main aata hu tumhe pick up karne ke liye.”

“Yeah sure, main Reema ko bolke nikal rahi hu yahan se. Tum aa jao.”

“Okay. Sure.”

After a few hours, they were sitting in front of the team, discussing the contract. Anokhi was selected even without an audition. Mr. And Mrs. Mehta, the owners of Finegrass Entertainment were highly impressed with her work. They had watched all three of her movies with Aditya, but this time, they needed only the female face. Because it was a female-centric movie, much like Roshni, her debut film with Shaurya. Anokhi had received the script a few days ago and she liked it immensely. 

After discussing the contract requirements, they asked her to sign it. But Aditya seemed a little hesitant regarding one clause in the contract. It read that if, in any case, she had to opt out of the movie, she had to pay a huge compensation of 1 million euros. This was something that didn’t rub well on him. It is not that Anokhi would be that unprofessional as to leave a contract midway, but the mention of it made him a bit uneasy. 

Mr. Mehta assured him, “Arey, Mr. Kanwar, aap itna chinta mat kijiye. These are just formalities. If she had a genuine reason to opt out, we can ignore this. Like if her health isn’t permitting or if there is some unfortunate incident, God Forbid, we won’t put any pressure on her. But it is the company policy. You have to abide by it while signing the contract.”

Aditya looked at Anokhi, “Are you comfortable with it? Or you need some time to think it through?”

Anokhi took some moments to answer, “Aditya, I don’t have any problem whatsoever. The dates are good too. I think I want to go ahead.”

“Well, then, just sign it and get on the bandwagon.” Mrs. Mehta gave her a full grin. 

After signing the contract and taking care of other formalities, Aditya escorted Anokhi out of the office. She was about to climb into his car when suddenly she remembered, “Oh no! Main apni mobile unke office mein galti se bhul ayi hu. Tum ruko yahan, main lekar aati hu.”