Roommates - Wilbur

Characters: Wilbur and Shubble.

Got this idea after seeing Shubble's TikTok of Wilbur and her cat! (probably the only non angst oneshot lol)

[Wilbur and Shubble meetup in LA]

-------¦¦¦-------

Shubble's pov

Hearing my phone ring, I rush over to it, curious to who was calling.

Wilbur Soot
Decline | Accept

"Hi Wilbur!" I answered, putting the phone up to my ear.

"Hey, Shelby." Comes a voice from the other end of the call, slight stress in his tone.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I kind of... Did something."

"Uh-oh. What did you do?"

"I came to LAX and I got in the Uber, but it uh... broke down. So I called another Uber, but I'm at the side of the highway and the driver isn't responding."

He's here already!? Luckily I booked the hotel room early.

"Wait, where are you exactly?" I queried, putting the phone on speaker as I got my keys.

"Just at the highway from the airport. The hotel is right across but the u-turn is far ahead." Wilbur replied, voice echoing through the phone.

"Do you want me to pick you up?"

"If you can, I'd appreciate it."

"Sure! I'll be there in about 10."

"Great. Thanks, Shelby! I'll send you my location." Wilbur told, excitement filling his voice.

"No problem!"

I ended the call, leaving my apartment after locking it behind me.

It would be my first time meeting Wilbur today. We spoke on a call one night saying that it would be cool if we were roommates or got to know how it felt having a sleepover with an online friend. I loved the thought of it actually, so I made the dream come true.

I got in my car and drove to the location Wilbur had sent me. On the way there it started drizzling. It rarely even rains here.

-------¦¦¦-------

"Hello!" Wilbur greeted enthusiastically, getting in the front passenger seat of my car.

"Hi! Sorry you had to get drenched in the rain."

"Oh, no, it's fine. Have you booked the hotel room?"

"Yup! There's one bathroom, two beds, one kitchen and two closets. I already have my clothes in one of the closet and some uncooked food and some snacks in the kitchen."

-------¦¦¦-------

Unlocking the hotel door with the keycard I had in my wallet, I let Wilbur in first.

Wilbur's pov

I was exhausted and extremely jetlagged. I detected myself getting a light headache on the way here, I expected that since I did stand in the rain for over 5 minutes. I wasn't soaked though, just a little. Going in the hotel room, I put my luggage by the first bed I saw, it was 2 feet away from the door, on my right as I entered.

I let Shelby have the bed in the actual room so she could have her privacy. I decided to film the both of us to update my Instagram, pulling out my phone in her room and asking if she was okay with it.

"Look who's here!" I started filming, slowly moving my phone so that Shelby would be in frame.

Looking down at the bedside table I saw a wig underneath it and pulled it out still recording, bursting out of laughter.

"Why do you have a long blonde wig under the table?" I questioned, still non-stop laughing.

"I didn't even know it was there." She laughed, trying to take it from me as I playfully ran away with it to the bathroom that was connected to her room, and stopped recording.

Closing the door behind me, I felt my headache getting worse. It's annoying but it's probably nothing. I realised another entrance in the bathroom that connected to outside her room.

"Wha- there's another door?" I confused, passing the kitchen and leaving the wig on the counter.

"I didn't know the door or the wig existed and I've been here longer than you have." Shubble laughed, so did I.

I got on my bed, letting out a huge sigh. It's so cold.

"Something wrong?" Shelby asked.

She's such a caring soul.

"Not really.."

"Is that a yes or a no?"

"It's a maybe."

"C'mon, Wilbur. You have to tell me what's wrong, I'm your roommate." She chuckled, looking over at me from the kitchen island.

"My head just hurts."

"Oh?"

"And I think I'm dehydrated."

"That's all?"

"It's also cold."

"And?"

"I'm too exhausted to shower."

"Another thing?"

"I want soup." I laughed at her continuous questions.

"I actually bought canned soup if you want it."

"Oh god, yes." I said, not expecting her to make it for me.

-----¦¦¦-----

"Fuck." Shelby whispered.

I opened my eyes, realising I let myself drift off to sleep.

"What happened, are you alright?" I asked, shifting my eyes to my right, where Shelby was behind the kitchen counter.

"Yeah, just accidentally touched the pot as it was boiling. I'm fine though."

"Pot- WAIT YOU'RE ACTUALLY MAKING THE SOUP!?" I questioned, excitedly getting up.

"Yeah! Didn't you want it?"

"Yes but I didn't expect you to-" I cut off, seeing her heating up the soup.

"Best roommate ever." I added, she giggled.

---

[876 words]

I love their friendship :(

Genuinely dreamt the wig bit, it was random but I decided to add it in.

Comment some requests if you have any and vote if you enjoyed :D