Stay here - Crimeboys

Characters: Tommy and Wilbur

[Tommy's house gets invaded while he's home alone.]

-------|||-------

Tommy's pov

Alright, let's get straight to the point. I admit, I hate my life right now. Both my parents got a huge business opportunity that involved them going abroad for five weeks. I told them I'd be fine by myself, as I thought I would, but it's almost the third week and I'm so miserable. I just thought it was one bad day but I didn't expect it to escalate. My mental health became worse and Wilbur's the only one who knows. I don't sleep enough anymore, let alone take care of myself. It was never my intention to tell anyone about it but I was on a vc with Wilbur one day and he knew something was wrong by the sound of my voice.

"Tommy," Wilbur called. "I can tell something's up."

"What do you mean?"

"You sound different and yesterday you said "I'm fine" instead of "I'm alright" so I know you're not. I just want to help you, so can you tell me what's wrong?"

I couldn't keep it in, so I filled him in on everything. I didn't know how to properly explain what I was feeling as I myself was new to it. However, Wilbur told me "not everyone knows how to express their feelings into words and that's okay". He always had the best advises.

My family and I moved to Brighton when I turned 17, and ever since then I've grown closer to Wilbur. He doesn't live that far away anymore, but it's still 20 minutes away by car. Wilbur's always been like an older brother figure to me, he makes me happy and knows how to help me in any situation. After he found out about my mental health problems, he'd check up on me everyday and I was extremely grateful for that. Sometimes I'd even call him late at night because I was lonely and he'd still pick up, but today it wasn't because of that.

-------|||-------

Wilbur's pov

It was 2am, I was asleep. I woke up to my phone ringing, the bright screen lighting up my dark room. I picked up my phone and read the Caller ID. It was Tommy. I know his sleeping schedule was messed up so I wasn't surprised getting a call from him at this time. I answered the call and sat up.

"Hello?"

He stayed quiet but his breathing was awfully unstable.

"Tommy? Are you okay?"

For a second I thought he was having a panic attack but I wasn't sure.

"Answer me, please."

My phone chimed, indicating I got a notification. I looked at the screen to see I got a text from Tommy. I put the call on speaker and clicked on the text notification.

Theres someone in my house
He has a knife

"What?" I asked. "Are you safe, where are you?"

I climbed out my room window
Im scared will
He was right there

"It's okay, stay calm, I'm calling 999."

I acted with celerity and got out my room to call 999 on the landline. I'm glad I didn't get rid of it. I explained the situation, gave them Tommy's address and took my car keys. I'm not going to sit here while Tommy's house gets invaded and he's there, alone and scared.

"They're on their way."

"Can you come get me?" Tommy whispered shakily over the phone.

"Of course, I'm already in my car. Just hang on, okay?"

I kept the call on speaker and drove to Tommy's house. A few minutes after I left, I heard sirens through Tommy's end of the call. The police found Tommy, they told him he's safe and that they caught the man who was trying to rob his house. I told Tommy to tell them I was on my way to get him.

"He's coming to pick me."

"Who, sorry?"

"M-my older brother."

I sped up a few times while driving, which I know I shouldn't do, but I was worried for Tommy. Plus, it was almost 3am, there were literally no cars on the road anyway. Once I reached Tommy's house, I looked around the few officers for Tommy. Once we saw each other, he quickly ran to me and gave me a hug. I was so relieved to see that he was physically okay.

"I don't want to stay here," Tommy said, tearfully.

"I'm not letting you, either. You're clearly not safe or happy to be here by yourself. Do you want me to call your mum and ask if you can stay with me until they get back?"

Tommy nodded. I spoke to the officers about this and called Tommy's mum in front of them. Luckily, it was noon where she was so she picked up.

"Hey, Will! Is everything alright?"

"Not exactly. Long story short, someone tried robbing your house and Tommy called me, then I called 999 and they caught the man. Nothing's broken or stolen, but some things got trashed around."

"Oh, my god. Is Tom okay?"

"Yeah, he's just a little shaken up. Can he stay with me until you get back?"

"Of course, he'll be much safer. Thanks for informing me."

With that, Tommy followed me to my car and I drove him safely back to my house. I made sure he ate and slept well. He was safer and happier with me.

---

[868 words]