Mentally Unstable - TDH

the " - TDH" in the title stands for The Dream House btw. It's based on my other storybook where the members all live together in the US.

[Wilbur being the mentally unstable therapist friend but Techno finds out]

TW// mentions of death

Characters: Wilbur, Techno, mentions of Tommy, Tubbo and Ranboo.

Never wrote much Twinsduo in the original story so here it is :)

---|||---

Third pov

Wilbur has been going through more than he showed, he was always the person who pushed people away when they tried to help him. He didn't want their help, he'd say it's his problem and not theirs. Techno started to notice this. There was something huge that Wilbur wasn't telling.

Out of the whole house, Techno is closest to Wilbur. He'd know when something is wrong and Wilbur would trust him enough to tell him if anything was going on. Wilbur's parents are divorced, he never saw his biological mum for so long to the point that the memories of her appearance in Wilbur's life faded away like writing getting erased. Techno knew this of course, he knew everything about Wilbur that others didn't.

He moved into the US with his dad at first, with his stepmother and stepsister, but when they got a divorce, Wilbur moved into an apartment and a few months later, his dad moved back into the UK.

"A house full of memories," Wilbur said to Tommy when Ranboo, Tubbo and him saw Wilbur's dad's old house (in the US) for the first time.

He has a close and strong bond with his dad, even though they live very far from each other. They'd call each other at least once a week, but recently Wilbur got the news his dad has COPD and didn't get a call after that. He didn't tell anyone about this, not even Techno. He didn't know what to do, really.

They were just about to leave the old house. Tommy left the room Wilbur was in, and tears clouded Will's field of vision. Pulling out his phone from his pocket, Wilbur dials a number. He shifted from where he was sitting, now facing the window.

"Hello?"

Surprised by the voice that came through, he spoke.

"Dad?"

"Yeah, hey Willy." He chuckled.

His father knew Wilbur thought the nickname "Willy" was dumb, but Wilbur liked hearing it after ages. It brought back happy memories.

"How are you? I tried to call you last week, but you didn't answer."

"I-I was at the hospital."

"Are you okay now?"

"Better, I suppose. How's life for you? Your friends, Twitch and all?"

"It's alright. My friend, he um... He was one of my roommates but he died this morning. Got murdered."

"Shit, I'm so sorry to hear that. Which friend was it?"

"Karl."

"Aw, that sucks. He was always a ray of sunshine. I'm sorry."

"Yeah, i-it's fine. Twitch is going good but I don't think I'm planning on streaming for the next few days."

"Of course, you should take some time off."

Wilbur lets out a small hum of agreement, then decided to get back to the conversation before.

"Do you know how much time you have left?" His voice softens.