Not in good shape - Benchtrio

Characters: Tommy, Tubbo and Ranboo.

[Benchtrio School Au]

-------|||-------

Ranboo's pov

Today's a Monday, meaning we have Physical Education! My favourite part of school other than Biology. Tubbo and Tommy were the first friends I made when I came here, and they're much more extroverted than I am.

I've known them for about 2 years now, and the three of us are best friends. We're really close to each other, we tell each other everything... For example, I get panic attacks easily, Tubbo has asthma and Tommy has low blood pressure. We know each other so well that when something was wrong we'd know instantly. Tommy and Tubbo are obviously closer to each other as they've known each other longer. I walked behind two of them to the gymnasium, we were always late but we'd take our sweet time to walk either way. Once we got there, our class had already started, we hid behind the rest of the students and followed what they were doing.

"Today," the coach spoke, "y'all are going to learn the right way to play basketball."

BASKETBALL!? WE'RE PLAYING MY FAVOURITE SPORT!? This is gonna be fun. We didn't just play a basketball game as usual though, we learned different techniques to throw the ball. We practiced throwing it at each other before aiming it to the hoop. Then each student had to dribble the ball, going around the other students. Out of Tubbo, Tommy and I, Tommy was the worst at basketball. He wasn't terrible, he could dribble the ball, but he never got it into the hoop. After the rounds of throwing it into the hoop, we played a match. And at this point, everyone was sweating but most of them still wanted to play. Our P.E. coach told us we could play until time's up but it would be fine if anyone wanted to back out.

The thing with Tubbo, Tommy and I is that if the two of us were doing something that one of us didn't want, they'd have to do it anyway because it's two against one. It's not forcing the other into doing something, it's just that we'd stick together regardless of what we were doing. That being said, Tubbo agreed to play basketball with us and the class. A few people backed out and sat in the corner of the gymnasium, watching us play. Tubbo and I were apart of one team, Tommy was on the opposite. I was the best player on my team, and the ball was passed to me quite often. The last two shots, I called Tubbo, who was by the hoop, and passed him the ball. He threw it in the hoop flawlessly, falling on his knees yet cheering in victory.

The next round, a person backed out so there were less players in my team. Tubbo and Tommy were in the other team. I really love basketball so I concentrate when I play but when something or someone distracts me, I can't play. Mid-way playing, I realize Tubbo's not in good shape. If the three of us leave, the players would be even. He should've backed out but he looks concentrated. I was confused. A few minutes later Tubbo says he's out and paces quickly to the hallways, exiting the gym. I pass the ball to someone else and call Tommy out with me to follow Tubbo. There were already some people in the hallway, that meant P.E. was about to end very soon and we'd have to get to math class after.

"There!" Tommy pointed to Tubbo, who walked into the changing room next to the toilet.

One thing about our school is that we'll do fun games and acts for certain subjects so we have a changing room. It's basically just a big empty room that no one goes to unless it was the beginning, break, or end of school. Tommy and I ran to the room, opening the door to find Tubbo sitting in one corner. His knees were to his chest, his head and back leaned against the wall.

"Tubs, you good?" Tommy asked quietly, going to Tubbo.

He shook his head indicating no and continued breathing heavily, panting.

"Do you need water?" I questioned, he shook his head no again.

"Fuck. Is it your asthma?" Tommy concerned, Tubbo nodded yes.

"Where's your inhaler?" He asked again.

"Locker." Tubbo mumbled, voice hoarse.

"Okay. Ranboo, stay with Tubbo!" Tommy ordered, leaving to the hallways.

I knew Tubbo had asthma but the only time I saw it was this bad was when our school held a 'fun run' at the school field. Tommy told me it was so bad one time to the point he passed out.

Tommy's pov

I sped through the hallways, finding Tubbo's locker. Shit, what's his combination again? Our birthday date, I think. 230902. Bingo. I grabbed a cyan coloured inhaler and push his locker door close. Running back to where they were, I dropped down on my knees as I passed Tubbo his asthma inhaler. He took two puffs of it and breathed deeply. I sat beside him and rubbed his back gently. Ranboo sat in front of Tubbo, combing through his hair. We stayed there a while until we heard the school bell.

Ring!

"What's the next subject?" Tubbo asked, voice soft before he cleared his throat.

"Math," I answered. "Do you feel better?"

"Yeah," he replied, switching his gaze from me to Ranboo.

"I'm sorry for making you play when you didn't want to," Ranboo muttered, instantly getting a response from Tubbo.

"It's alright, it was fun."

"Shall we get to class?" I asked, knowing we were already late to another subject.

Tubbo nodded before Ranboo and I got up. Ranboo reached out his hands to Tubbo, helping him up. I held the door as the other two exited. I know Tubbo can push through anything, but he genuinely worries me sometimes. He's my best friend and he deserves the world.

---

[1000 words]