Chapter 2 "Jessie"

I stood there frozen in front of this gorgeous yet handsome looking person. I narrowed my eyes to get a better look at this person ‘cause it’s kinda dark in here plus I’m really dizzy. I think I’m breathing too fast.

“Hey… Are you okay? You want me to get you something?” asked by this stranger.

“AIR! I NEED AIR!” I shouted and gave the stranger the drinks that I was holding then rushed out the door, down through the stairs and leaned my back on the side of the building.

Seconds later, I heard a familiar voice calling my name. I looked to my right and I saw Ginny rushing with a worried look on her face.

“Kristina!” said Ginny finally reaching me. “What happened to you back there? You’re sweating like a beaver who’s about to be chow.”

I stared at Ginny with a flustered look on my face. “B-beavers sweat?” I asked while I catch my breath.

“Yes! I mean no! I don’t know! Are you okay, girl?” asked Ginny who was still worried and I think a little bit confused.

“You took me to a gay bar!” I shouted.

“So? Aren’t you gay?” asked Ginny whom I think was surprised.

“No! I’m not gay! I’m STRAIGHT!” says me with an insisting voice.

“You’re not? Oh… I thought you were… you know… a lesbian” says Ginny.

How Ginny could ever thought I’m gay? Really, Ginny? Really? Is it the way I walk, the way I talk, the way I laugh, do I have that what they call a “swag” or something. De ninguna jodida manera.

“Ginny, do I look gay to you?” I said while I point to myself.

“Well… Yeah. ‘Cause you got that vibe of a hot chick lipstick lesbian… or Bi.” Ginny said with an embarrassed face. “You’re not a homophobe are you?” she added.

“No. Of course not, Ginny. I just got jumpy, that’s all. I’m sorry.” I replied.

“Okay. Do you still wanna go back inside? It is a special night and I don’t want to miss the show.” said Ginny.

I gave a half smile while reaching for Ginny’s hand, “C’mon… Let’s go back in. I think I’m okay now. Just don’t leave me alone.”

Ginny reached my hand, “Fine. But this kind of hand holding makes me think you’re gay and just so you know, missy, you’re not my type.” says Ginny who started laughing.

I rolled my eyes and laughed with Ginny as well.

We entered The Riff again when suddenly someone grabbed my right arm and I almost tripped. I quickly turned around and it’s that handsome looking person again. Ginny raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms while looking at this person, as if she knew this fellow.

“Jessie, what are you doing? Are you drunk?” Ginny said sarcastically.

“Chill, baby doll! I just wanna know who your friend is. Maybe, buy her a drink or two. What do you say?” said Jessie turning her eyes on me with a very mischievous smile.

I frowned a little bit ‘cause this “hey look at me” person is trying to look cool in front of me and I don’t like that. Let’s not forget I’m straight. I very well know that this guy is a girl. I mean look at her… she’s wearing a gray v-neck sweat shirt, underneath it is a stripe blue and white polo and a black necktie around it, her pants are just plain light brown jeans paired with a cool looking sneakers. Her hair is very short much like Ellen de Generes’ style. She has a piercing on her right lower lip which emphasize her boyish smile. I can’t seem to know if she has breasts.