Chapter 17 "One Step Closer Part 2"

"Okay. Please repeat it one more time. What's your full name again?" asked Jessie.

"Fine. But this will be the last time that I will repeat it, okay?" I said informing Jessie.

She nodded and smiled.

"Alright. My whole name is Maria Kristina Isabella Rodriguez."

"What?" asked Jessie in confusion. "I don't get it. You have a bunch of names that I can't easily recall. Why did your mom gave you a long name?" added Jessie while scratching her head.

I laughed, "You don't want to hear my two older brother's whole names."

"I don't think I can handle it." Said Jessie looking so embarrassed. "Anyway, can you just stay here for a while? I'll miss you."

"They need me down stairs, Jessie. Besides, you're kinda busy. But I'll see you later, okay?"

I stood up then Jessie gave me a kiss on my forehead. I smiled and waved goodbye to everybody. "Bye guys!"

When I got out of the studio I heard everyone clamoring for Jessie. Silly dancers.

I have been hanging out with Jessie for quite some time now. Every other night she would sleep over at my apartment, she said it was her way of protecting me or something. I would just let her 'cause I really don't mind.

"So what's your status with Jessie?" asked Lizzy

"I don't know yet. Though, I spend a lot of time with her... I can't really say if we're officially dating or not."

"Why not? You like Jessie don't you?" said Lizzy raising her eye brow.

"Well... I... I..."

"You're blushing. It means yes. So be a couple already! Geez!"

"I don't know. I guess I'm very traditional with these kinds of things. I like to be courted first."

Lizzy laughed and gave me a nudge. "You joking, right?"

"No! I'm serious, Lizzy."

"Whatever! You're loco, Rodriguez!"

"Yeah right."

Jessie has been busy lately 'cause Carol wanted a big production. I would always look at the café's door if she would come for breakfast or lunch. Every time the door would open I would quickly peek who was coming in then if it's not Jessie I would be dreary.

I miss her...

"She's not coming in today." Said Lizzy

"I know. She's been busy these past three days."

"Everybody's busy, I guess. Even AJ is not coming in for breakfast."

I rolled my eyes and said, "Yeah... I guess."

That prick! To think that I almost fell in love with her! Who does she think she is? The nerve of her to say that I'm desperate and cheap! I'm not desperate! I'm sure as well that I'm not cheap! Every time I think about AJ I suddenly have the urge to punch someone in the face! Ugh! I was hiding that bruise since the moment I realized I had one. How could she have possibly seen that? Was she watching me?

Why did she said those awful things to me? I'm not doing anything bad for her to think I was that shallow of a person. I regret having feelings for her! What a jerk! I thought she was sweet and sensitive. Though I find her arrogant at times but it was tolerable... but now... I don't think I wanna be around her anymore. Gosh! I even made her my Mama's special chicken enchiladas thinking that she would notice me. But no! Breaking news, she still loves her ex! What a shocker... Stupid me! I saw something in you that made me liked you...now... all I can see is a pathetic loser! Ugh! I'm not cheap! I'm not desperate! She doesn't know anything about me! Who told her she could judge people like that?