Chapter 6 "BREAKFAST"

This is really awkward. She’s not saying a word. Have I offended her in some way? I shouldn’t have come.

“I have to go. It’s getting late.”

I was about to stand up when AJ suddenly grabbed my hand.

“Wait.” AJ said.

I looked back at her and she is just staring into nothingness. She looks so sad… those sad, sad eyes.

“Look. I’m sorry if I randomly went to your apartment without calling you first, but I don’t have your number so I just asked Carol where you live. I don’t have any way on contacting you. I’m really sorry about this.” I explained.

Then she looked at me and smirked.

“I told you its fine and you don’t have to return it to me. Like I said, you can have it.”

I looked down at my coffee cup then looked up at the night sky and sighed. It’s getting colder. Good thing I brought my jacket so I could wear it after work.

I asked AJ earlier if she wanted to get some coffee. I don’t know why I asked her that but she obliged and she bought us the coffee then we went to the park and sat on a bench.

“Did my aunt sent you to my apartment to talk to me?” AJ suddenly asked.

“N-no. I went on my own. I really wanted to give you back your handkerchief. However—“

AJ looked at me to hear what I was going to say next.

“However, Carol seems worried about you. She said she misses the old you and she’s always praying for you.”

AJ frowned then sighed heavily, “Kristina, where do you live? Let me get you a lift. It’s getting late and I think you should be heading home.” AJ said coldly while she closed her hands into a fist.

“No it’s okay. I can just catch a cab. I’ll go ahead. Thank you for the coffee.” I quickly stood up and started to walk away.

But then I remembered what Carol said to me. I stopped to face AJ. She looked up.

“You know what? You shouldn’t push people away, specially your family. You are so lucky that you have your aunt who’s here to support you in any way that she can. I don’t have that here. So just don’t take them for granted. It’s hard to be all alone and no one is there to hug you or kiss you and tell you that it’s going to be all right. You would just cry yourself to sleep and just wish that all the pain from your past will just go away. Your aunt loves you. I wish you could see that.” I explained.

AJ got up from her seat and then stood close in front of me and just stared at me. There she goes with her eyes again. Her eyes are so intense, I can hear my heart pounding really fast, and I’m breathing heavily. What’s going happen next?

“W-what are you doing?” I asked nervously.

I noticed that AJ’s lips are moving closer and closer and closer. Oh God!

I closed my eyes tightly, held my breath and then suddenly…

“Thank you. But I think I’m gonna be okay.” Said AJ while handing me something.

I opened my eyes and I saw AJ walking away. What the hell, Kristina? Did you think that she was going to kiss you? To top it all, you closed your eyes! Why would you close your eyes? But why would she do that? She can say that without moving closer to my face. I looked down on my left hand and saw the white handkerchief that I gave back earlier. I came all this way for nothing.

The next day…

“…And she said yes??” said Ginny surprisingly. “Why would she go out and have coffee with you?” she added.