Chapter 11 "SUDDENLY"

Just relax, Kristina. Everything's gonna be okay. This will work and you'll know for sure when you've done it. Play it cool, don't freak out and try to be polite.

"Kristina? Hey!"

I looked up and Brandon was waving his hand to see if I was paying attention.

"You have been staring blankly at your drink since we got here. What's wrong? Don't you like this place?"

"N-no... I'm... I'm fine." I answered while I sit up straight.

I'm a little anxious and I really don't know if I should really be do this.

"I was surprised when you called me up to see if I was still in town. Thank you by the way for helping me with the directions. New York is really confusing. A lot of streets and signs but it can't really point out to where the exact location is."

Brandon was the tourist who asked for directions last Saturday on the 22nd street. He gave me his number but I never gave him mine. So last night, I called him up to see if he was still in New York and if he wanted to have dinner with me. Good thing he said yes. He's very handsome and has a good physique. His hair is dark brown a bit short but wavy, it seems he hasn't shaved in days so it adds charm to his face, his eyes are brown and he smiles like a heartthrob action star. Very bad boyish type of guy. He said that he modeled for a sports magazine that's why he's in NY.

"Amm, enough about me. What about you?" ,he asked.

"Me? I'm not really interesting." I answered while shrugging my shoulders.

It's true, there is nothing interesting about my life. Nothing really nice to be said. What should I say? I'm poor, I'm worthless, and I was once a disgusting person... what else is new?

"How so?" he asked.

I sighed and said, "Well, what you see is what you get."

He smiled and stared at me.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked.

"Because I think you are beautiful and to be honest, Kristina, you are the first girl ever who asked me out on a date. Usually, it's the other way around. So with that being said, let's toss to that."

I smiled and tossed my glass of wine with Brandon.

My date is going well, so far. I'm with a guy and that's the way it should be. Though, I can't stop thinking about what Lizzy said to me yesterday.

"Look, I don't think you're straight. Why? Cause you went out with two Lesbians."

"Come out of the closet. You don't belong there."

"Kristina, if you are gay... Don't go for AJ."

Oh Gosh! I can't stop thinking about it. Why am I like this? I should focus on Brandon, right? He seems like a nice guy and I should be attracted to him. I should be...

Suddenly, I noticed two ladies entering the restaurant. I can sense that they are a couple. They are holding each other's hands, gazing at one another like they are really inlove and kissing like there's no tomorrow. They were escorted to their table right next to where Brandon and I were sitting. I saw how they whisper sweet nothings to each other and would give a sweet smile on their faces. To me it's not disgusting to look at, it's kinda sweet and it makes me want to look forward to their relationship.

Brandon noticed me looking at the table next to us. He looked as well and faced me with a smirk on his face.

"Those kind of relationships don't last." He said.